This week is going to be a bit crazy for me, so I won’t have time to write the daily Oregon Beer News posts. Instead, here’s a roundup of the news and events I have on my list that are going on for this week of April 3-9. As always you can always contact me with news and events and if I can get them posted, I will!
- Belmont Station‘s 20th anniversary celebration continues with events each day. Monday is the Fremont Brewing BS IPA release party from 5 to 8pm. “BS” is short for Belmont Station, of course, these were brewed special for the anniversary, with “20” on the cans.
- StormBreaker Brewing is brewing up Handfuls of Hops 2.0 on Monday, and are offering people the chance to participate and help add hops to the brew, starting around 2pm.
- Belmont Station‘s Tuesday events features the release party for Buoy Brewing’s Belmont Imperial Extra Red (BIER) and StormBreaker’s Station-to-Station DIPA, both brewed specially for the 20th anniversary.
- Deschutes Brewery‘s Portland Public House is celebrating the release of their new Swivelhead Red IRA (India red ale) all day long, with food specials and the chance to chat with the brewery’s brand ambassadors about the beer. The Bend Public House will host the release as well, and will even offer up a coloring contest!
- Tuesdays are also Community Pint days at Deschutes, with $1 of every pint sold at both the Bend and Portland pubs benefiting a monthly designated non-profit organization.
- Lompoc Brewing is releasing a new hoppy Kölsch style beer, Lömpocker, and is rolling out throughout the week at their various locations. Tuesday the release party takes place at the Sidebar starting at 4pm.
- Worthy Brewing is hosting a Pint Night fundraiser to benefit Oregon Adaptive Sports, with $1 from every pint sold benefiting OAS.
- Cascade Brewing has their Tap It Tuesday at the Barrel House plus some other specialty releases that will be hitting both the Barrel House and the Raccoon Lodge.
- Belmont Station is throwing a German Sparkle Party, a “celebration of German beer and its influence on our craft beer culture!” In the bottle shop they will be sampling Bitburger Pils and Bitburger Radler and the bar will be pouring a selection of German and German-styled beers.
- The Bier Stein in Eugene has their Tapping into Community benefit starting at 5pm on Wednesday: “This edition of our nonprofit collaboration program features Burrito Brigade, an all-volunteer organization working to alleviate hunger in Oregon. They provide hundreds of vegan meals to hungry individuals in Eugene and Springfield every week. This is a great chance to help out by having a pint of WildCraft’s Mirabelle Plum Cider!”
- Great Notion Brewing has their latest crowler release on Wednesday: Blueberry Muffin. Limit of two crowlers per person until they are sold out.
- Belmont Station will be hosting Pelican Brewing for their Cherry Poppin’ Dory Release Party & Birthday Bash. Cherry Poppin’ Dory is their Doryman’s Dark Ale aged with cherries, and there will be birthday cake and a birthday present raffle as well.
- Sunriver Brewing will be at Tin Bucket in Portland for a specialty bottle release from 5 to 8pm—my guess is, their new 500ml bottles of Cocoa Cow Chocolate Milk Stout and Motorhead Black Barleywine. I wouldn’t be surprised to see cans of Vicious Mosquito IPA on hand as well.
- Baerlic Brewing has a new beer release for the day: Dark Thoughts Black IPA, an Oregon Beer Awards-winning CDA.
- The Bier Stein is hosting Nectar Creek Mead for the release of their Sting Session Mean in cans.
- Klamath Basin Brewing down in southern Oregon is hosting their “Beer Geek Speaks” education event, featuring head brewer Corey Zschoche discussing hop-forward beers. The $16 price gets you samples — “Included will be the 51st State Pale Ale, Notch Eight IPA, Defiance Double IPA and maybe something else will make an appearance” — appetizers, and a pint of your choice.
- Lompoc Brewing‘s rollout of their new Lömpocker continues on Thursday at their Oaks Bottom location, starting at 4pm.
- McMenamins 23rd Avenue Bottle Shop is hosting a Meet the Brewer with John Barleycorns Brewer Tim Proctor from 6 to 8pm.
- The BeerMongers in Portland is hosting a Claim 52 Brewing night starting at 5pm, featuring a variety of beers from the Eugene brewery.
- Belmont Station kicks off their Mini-Puckerfest weekend with Flat Tail Brewing and Cascade Brewing, with both breweries having brewed and/or blended special Belmont anniversary beers for this event. Make sure to get in there to try these super-limited sours!
- Belmont Station‘s Mini-Puckerfest continues, featuring Block 15 Brewery and De Garde Brewing.
- Portland Cider Company is celebrating the second anniversary of their Cider House on SE Hawthorne, with many guest ciders on tap and a Meet the Makers session in the afternoon.
- The Bier Stein is hosting a Food Fermentation Workshop which may be of interest to homebrewers and beer geeks alike on Saturday at 2pm. “Please sign up in advance, as space is limited to 20 participants– there is a sign-up sheet at the bar, or e-mail aaron(at)thebierstein(dot)com with your name and phone number. We are asking for a $10 suggested donation– 100% of that will go to Fermentation on Wheels. Participants will also receive a coupon for 20% off a purchase at the Falling Sky Fermentation Supply Shop.”
- Saturday is Saison Day at Crux Fermentation Project in Bend! “Celebrate Saison Day with a rare opportunity to sample 7, maybe more, saisons right here in Bend. Not only will we be tapping a few of our favorite saisons, but we’ll also be featuring guest taps from our friends at Three Creeks Brewing Company, Worthy Brewing, Deschutes Brewery, & Immersion Brewing to celebrate the occasion.”
- McMenamins 23rd Avenue Bottle Shop is hosting Eugene’s Claim 52 Brewing for a beer tasting from 2 to 4pm. They will be pouring Claim 52’s Kolsch and Westside IPA.
- Silver Moon Brewing will be at Loyal Legion in Portland Saturday night for a Mango Daze release party and tap takeover, featuring of course their re-tooled Mango Daze Pale Ale recipe.
- Portland’s Royale Brewing is celebrating their third birthday on Saturday with a party from 2 to 7pm. “We’re taking the day to debut a Spring/Summper seasonal 10-tap tasting room in the brewery location with special barrel aged beers + a party from 2-7 featuring live music, and local wood fired pizza truck.”
- Belmont Station‘s Mini-Puckerfest concludes on Sunday, with highlights including Paul Arney of The Ale Apothecary and Alex Ganum of Upright Brewing bringing wild and sour specialties.