Today is National Bourbon Day! I’m sure this calls for a bourbon barrel aged beer, or a boilermaker or some other appropriately themed drink for the day! In the meantime here is the Oregon beer news for Wednesday, June 14. As usual, I’ll be periodically updating this post throughout the day with the latest news, so check back often for updates. If you have news to share, please contact me and I can get that updated as well.
The Bier Stein (Eugene) is Tapping Into Community this evening starting at 5pm to benefit Cascadia Wildlands: “We will tap a keg of Falling Sky’s Another IPA at 5:00 pm; the proceeds from every last pint sold will be donated to Cascadia Wildlands. Come grab a beer or two, some dinner, check out the outreach table and catch up on wolf, Elliott State Forest, suction-dredge mining and other pressing conservation issues. There will also be a raffle for some primo Cascadia Wildlands swag.”
Silver Moon Brewing (Bend) has a packed day today with their F*ck Cancer IPA release and fundraisers in Bend and Portland, at the Platypus Pub and Belmont Station, respectively. $1 from every pint of F*ck Cancer will benefit the American Cancer Society Relay for Life, as well as $1 from every bottle sold. At the Platypus they will have F*ck Cancer IPA, Tropic Zombie IPA, and “an extremely rare keg of Comin’ Through The Rye (Rye (Barrel-Aged Scotch Ale)” pouring. At Belmont they’ll have the beer plus swag and a raffle (proceeds also benefiting ACS). Both run from 5 to 8pm tonight, so make sure you’re at one of them!
Portland Beer Week soldiers on with these events taking place today:
- Silver Moon F* Cancer IPA Release And Charity Event – Hosted By Belmont Station
- Barrel-Aged Beer Seminar – Zoiglhaus Brewery
- Beer Whiskey And Whiskey Event – Loyal Legion
- Culmination Brewing Pop-Up/Tap Takeover At Lardo Sandwiches – Westside
- Eastburn, Coalition Brewing, Open Mic And #Finishcancer! – Raising Money To Stamp Out Cancer One Beer At A Time.
- Crux Pop-Up Pub At Side Street – Side Street Is Hosting Crux For The Entire Duration Of PDX Beer Week.
- Brewvana’s South X Southeast Walking Tour – Explore Southeast Portland’S Hip Culture Through The Strong Beer & Art Community That Thrives Here.
- Crafts & Craft Beer @ DIY Bar – Make Beer-Inspired Crafts While Sipping On Craft Beer – $30 Gets You First Beer & Craft
- Kegs Deep In Boneyard – Tap Takeover @ Bailey’s Taproom
- Handfuls Of Hops Brew Day – Will You Have Hand In It? @ StormBreaker Brewing
- Sweet And Sour: A Beer And Dessert Pairing – With Fabiola Ponce-Wyatt Of Grains Of Wrath Brewing @ Saraveza
- Fort George IPA Night At N.W.I.P.A. – Straight Up Hops Outta Astoria
- Hop Berry IPA Tasting At Whole Foods Markets
- Best Of The Northwest W/ Pfriem & Finnriver – The Best Of The PNW’s Beer & Cider Poured Side By Side @ Imperial Bottle Shop & Taproom
- Battle Of The Belgians @ Bazi Bierbrasserie
- Pink Boots Fundraiser @ The Civic Taproom And Bottle Shop
- Base Camp Tap Takeover @ Henry’s Tavern
- Beer Dinner At Woodsman Tavern
- Home, A Bar Collab: A Sunriver & Coalition Collaborative Showcases
- Fremont Brewing Tap Takeover @ Beer Store Milwaukie
- 3-Way IPA Party/ Fort George Tap Takeover @ N.W.I.P.A.
- Ninkasi Beer Dinner Featuring Barrel Aged Ground Control @ Old Chicago
- Culmination Brewing At The Woodsman Tavern Brewers Dinner
Montavilla Brew Works (Portland) is holding a Barleywine Tasting Benefit for National Bourbon Day from 5 to 8pm this evening: “Celebrate National Bourbon Day with us as we sample our 4 month old, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Barleywine direct from Eastside Distilling oak barrels! 5pm-8pm. $3 for a 4oz. Sample. 10+% ABV!! **ALL PROCEEDS FROM BARREL TASTING benefit our late, great friend Ben Flerchinger family’s medical bills following his untimely passing on 3-15-17 ** Feel free to kick down a few extra bucks to help offset Ben’s medical bills**”