Here’s the Oregon beer news for Wednesday, the 11th of January. As usual I’ll be periodically updating this post throughout the day so if you have some news to share, contact me and I’ll get it updated.
The Green Dragon (Portland) has the latest release in their Brew Crew “Big Beer” month tonight: The Velvet Bulldozer, a strong ale split into two batches: one fermented in a Rogue Dead Guy Whiskey barrel at 8.5% abv, and the other the same blended with the beer aged in stainless at 9% abv. The tasting runs from 5 to 8pm tonight.
McMenamins (Portland): They have a special beer release happening tomorrow at the Edgefield Distillery Bar: La Dame Poire (literally, the “Pear Lady”). “[T]his Ruby has been dolled up for the winter season. Asian Pears have been soaked for over a month in the distillery’s “Pear Brandy”, and then dry hopped in our popular Raspberry Ale. An elegant fruit Ale, this beer is sure to please any sweet tooth.” There’s one keg only and the tasting starts at 5pm at the Edgefield.
And tonight, McMenamins Old St. Francis School here in Bend has a limited edition beer tasting also: Amaretto Gold. “Inspired by last year’s nutty Nutcracker Hazelnut Brown and the deliciously unique McMenamins’ Thompson Brewery creation Tequila Lime Wheat, we thought we would add a dash of Amaretto almond-flavor and touch of vanilla to our already famous Bagdad Gold.” Also starts at 5pm, and is limited to one keg.
Full Sail Brewing (Hood River): They’ve posted the menu for their Brewmaster Dinner tomorrow, the “Breakfast for Dinner” themed beer pairing dinner. With four courses consisting of things like Crab Cake Benedict, Smoked Pork Chop with Breakfast Potatoes, and Blueberry Blintz, this sounds like it would be an awesome dinner (or maybe that’s just me, I always like a good “brinner”!). $30 per person, and seating for it starts at 5pm.
Happy hours, specials, and cheap pours:
- Silver Moon Brewing (Bend): Their Growler Power Hour continues today, from 4 to 6pm ($5 growler fills during that time), featuring Bridge Creek Pilsner and German Schwarzbier Black Lager.
- Cascade Lakes Brewing (Redmond/Bend): At their Lodge in Bend tonight it’s Locals Night from 6 to 10pm, with $3.25 pints.
- Occidental Brewing (Portland): Every Wednesday they feature $8 growler fills.
- Coalition Brewing (Portland): Wednesdays they offer $2.50 pint specials all day long.
- Boneyard Brewing (Bend): Wednesdays they offer $6 growler fills all day on their regular line-up of beers.
- Three Creeks Brewing (Sisters): They have $3 pints and $7 growler fills from 4 to 8pm today.