It’s all over the beer blogs that brewing pioneer and author Greg Noonan passed away this last weekend. He opened the first brewpub in Vermont, the Vermont Pub & Brewery, and authored, among other books, the seminal Brewing Lager Beer (the 1986 edition I have on my bookshelf but haven’t read yet).
There are a number of tributes online to Noonan; in particular, check out these to read more:
- Jay Brooks: Craft Beer Pioneer Greg Noonan Passes Away
- RealBeer.com: Craft pioneer Greg Noonan dies
- Stan Hieronymus: Greg Noonan in his own words
- Examiner.com: Greg Noonan, Craft Beer Pioneer, Passed Away
- Charlie Papazian (also Examiner.com): Brewers, beer enthusiasts, Noonanites mourn passing of beer legend Greg Noonan
- Alan McLeod: Vermont: Craft Brewer Greg Noonan Passes Away