Michelob Brewing takes gold, silver, and bronze
More than 1,200 beers vie for medals at the annual celebration of brewing
Michelob Brewing Co. is the proud recipient of four medals from the prestigious North American Beer Awards. Michelob Original Lager, Michelob Dunkel Weisse and Michelob AmberBock were recognized by panels of expert judges during a ceremony on June 5 in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
- Michelob Original Lager – American Premium Lager Category
- Michelob Dunkel Weisse – Dunkel Weizen/Weizen Bock Category
- Michelob AmberBock – Munich Dark Category
- Michelob AmberBock – American Amber Lager Category
“We’re thrilled and honored for our beers to be recognized by fellow brewers and beer experts at the North American Beer Awards,” said Kristin Saviers, brewmaster, Michelob Brewing Co. “We are proud of the high-quality beers we brew and enjoy getting feedback from individuals who are just as passionate about beer as the team at Michelob Brewing Co.”
About Michelob’s award-winning beers:
- Michelob Original Lager is a malty, full-bodied European-style premium lager. Today the beer stands out as a distinctive, high-quality beer for connoisseurs, just as it did when first brewed in 1896. Our Original Lager is brewed using European noble aroma hop varieties and a 100-percent-malt blend of the finest two-row and caramel malts.
- Michelob Dunkel Weisse is a surprisingly light unfiltered dark wheat ale brewed with select wheat, caramel and chocolate malts. The beer’s special Bavarian yeast strain delivers unmistakable clove and banana tones.
- Michelob AmberBock is brewed with dark-roasted black and caramel malts and all-imported hops. The dark mahogany lager has a rich nutty aroma and gentle hint of caramel malt sweetness.
“The three award-winning beers represent Michelob’s storied heritage, which began in 1896 with our Original Lager,” said Nate Scudieri, brand manager, Michelob Brewing Co. “Michelob AmberBock has been a favorite of beer-enthusiasts for more than a decade and our collection of full-flavored beers continues to expand with new beers like Michelob Dunkel Weisse, introduced in 2008.”
The North American Beer Awards, now in its 13th year, is organized by the North American Brewers Association. More than 1,200 beers were entered by brewers of all sizes from across the country. In blind samplings, panels of judges comprised of brewmasters, beer writers and certified beer judges evaluated flights organized by style. Gold, silver and bronze medals were awarded for each category at a ceremony in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
Visit www.michelob.com for more information about Michelob Brewing Co., a small, state-of-the-art research brewery located next to Anheuser-Busch’s St. Louis brewery. At any given time, up to 50 different beers are being brewed in this brewmaster’s playground. Michelob Brewing Co. is a place for our brewmasters to create and experiment, with the best results earning a place in our specialty beer collection.