Today was the awards ceremony for the Great American Beer Festival, and among all the great beers that were judged (some 3300 across 78 categories), a number of Oregon breweries brought home medals. Here’s who won what (alphabetical order):
- 10 Barrel Brewing (Bend): Bronze for S1NIST0R Black Ale in Category 13, “Out of Category – Traditionally Brewed Beer”.
- Barley Brown’s Brewpub (Baker City): 2 medals! Silver for Shredder’s Wheat in Category 2, “American-Style Wheat Beer”, and Bronze for Tumble Off Pale Ale in Category 45, “American Style Pale Ale”.
- Bend Brewing (Bend): Silver for Outback X in Category 77, “Old Ale or Strong Ale”.
- Cascade Brewery (AKA the Raccoon Lodge, Portland): 2 medals in the same category! Category 19, “Wood- and Barrel-Aged Sour Beer”, the Gold for Bourbonic Plague, and Silver for Vlad the Imp Aler.
- Deschutes Brewery (Bend): 3 medals! Silver for Mirror Pond Pale Ale in Category 43, “Classic English Style Pale Ale”, Bronze for Belgian-style Quad in Category 66, “Belgian-Style Abbey Ale”, and Bronze for Black Butte Porter in Category 68, “Brown Porter”.
- Full Sail (Hood River): Gold for Session Black Premium Lager in Category 35, “American-Style Dark Lager”.
- Hopworks Urban Brewery (Portland): 2 medals! Gold for Organic Ace of Spades Imperial IPA in Category 48, “Imperial India Pale Ale”, and Gold for Organic Rise Up Red in Category 49, “American Style Amber/Red Ale”.
- Laurelwood Brewing (Portland): 2 medals! Bronze for Organic Deranger Imperial Red in Category 50, “Imperial Red Ale”, and Gold for Space Stout in Category 71, “Foreign Style Stout”.
- Oakshire Brewing (Eugene): Silver for Overcast Espresso Stout in Category 6, “Coffee Flavored Beer”.
- Pelican Pub & Brewery (Pacific City): 3 medals! Silver for Kiwanda Cream Ale in Category 40, “Golden or Blonde Ale”, Silver for Surfer’s Summer Ale in Category 42, “English-Style Summer Ale”, and Bronze for MacPelican’s Wee Heavy Ale in Category 76, “Scotch Ale”.
- Rogue (Newport): 2 medals! Silver for Imperial Chocolate Stout in Category 5, “Herb and Spice or Chocolate Beer”, and Silver for Mocha Porter in Category 69, “Robust Porter”.
- Widmer (Portland): 2 medals! Silver for Hefeweizen in Category 3, “American-Style Wheat Beer With Yeast”, and Gold for W ’10 in Category 13, “Out of Category – Traditionally Brewed Beer”.
All in all, that’s 22 medals that Oregon brewers won. Awesome job and congrats to all the winners!
The best way to congratulate them, of course, is to stop by and drink some beer.