Belmont Station (Portland): Today from 5 to 7pm they are hosting a free tasting with importer Merchant du Vin: “Merchant Du Vin’s very own Tom Bowers will be on hand in the Bottle Shop pouring free samples of beers that would pair well with your Holiday festivities: Sam Smith’s Winter Welcome, Smith’s Organic Chocolate Stout, Westmalle Tripel, Rochefort 10 and Lindeman’s Framboise. In our Taproom, we will feature the first-time appearance of Ayinger Kirtabier, a slightly maltier, unfiltered Märzen-style lager.”
Boneyard Beer (Bend) has their pop-up pub tap takeover with Portland’s Lardo Sandwiches continuing today (and will continue through this Saturday the 10th). Both east and west Lardo locations are featuring 13 Boneyard beers on tap, including some hard-to-find ones like Notorious Triple IPA and Suge Knite Imperial Stout.
There are several upcoming festivals this weekend you should have on your calendar:
- The St. Johns Winter Beer Fest – this sixth annual festival starts on Friday the 9th and runs through the weekend, taking place on Lombard Street in the St. Johns neighborhood in Portland, at the “former Central Hotel location (8608 N Lombard) at the Plaza in St Johns.”
- Central Oregon Winter Beer Festival: This takes place at GoodLife Brewing in Bend on Saturday the 10th, from 2 to 9pm. It features some 22 of Central Oregon’s breweries and cider makers and cost $10 for entry plus 4 drink tickets.
- Occidental Brewing‘s Humbug Lager Fest takes place on Saturday from noon to 9pm, and “will be stocked with lagers from Occidental and other great breweries from Portland and beyond.” $10 admission also, and you get 6 tokens.
- Oakshire Brewing (Eugene): Their annual Single Batch Festival is Saturday from noon to 8pm: “Saturday, Dec. 10th is the 4th Annual Single Batch Fest at Oakshire with some of your (and our) favorite breweries and cideries from the PNW, plus local live music & food carts!” Pricing varies from $5 to $25 depending on the package and whether you purchase in advance.
- Vagabond Brewing (Salem) has a Winter Ales Fest that they are hosting on Saturday the 10th: “HO! HO! HO! Come enjoy the release of ous seasonal winter beers and a few special guest beers at our anual Winter Ales Fest! Entry gets a flight of 6 beers and a limited edition Winter Ales glass. $12 presale and $15 at the door, tickets available at Vagabond Brewing and Victory Club.”
It’s Growler Monday at all McMenamins locations, and they’ve changed how their growler specials work: instead of selecting a single beer for the $8 fill special, you can now get an $8 fill on any beer on tap ($10 for high gravity selections)! The only exception is that the Brewmasters Reserve beers are not discounted due to limited availability. But that’s a great deal as many locations have a wide variety of beer pouring.