Here’s the Oregon beer news for Thursday, June 25. As usual, I’ll be periodically updating this post throughout the day, so check back often. And if you have news to share, please contact me and I can get that updated as well.
The Bier Stein (Eugene) is hosting Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider today from 5 to 8pm for a cider tasting: “Come taste some of Portland’s finest ciders, part of Oregon Cider Week! We will be pouring Revival Dry and Hallelujah Hopricot, plus a couple surprises. Representative Will will be pouring samples, including Tepache/beer blends!”
Oregon Cider Week continues today, in addition to The Bier Stein tasting here are other events taking place:
- Wandering Aengus cider tasting at Roscoe’s Taproom (Portland)
- Rev Nat’s Revelation Night at the Public Taproom (Portland)
- Dragon’s Head Cider at Portland Cider Company in Hawthorne
- NW Cider Brokers Portfolio Party at Portland’s Imperial Bottle Shop
- Schilling Cider Taste Extravaganza at One Drop Shop in Portland
- Reverend Nat’s Eagle Rare Bourbon Barrel Aged Ciders Release Party at Raven & Rose (Portland) — man, Rev Nat’s is everywhere this week!
- 2 Towns Tap Takeover at Blairally Vintage Arcade in Eugene
- 2 Towns hosts Bingo Night at Fifth Street Growlers in Corvallis!
- Finnriver Formal Cocktail Party at Bushwacker Cider in Portland
- WildCraft Oregon Botainical Tap Takeover at Tap and Growler in Eugene
The Green Dragon (Portland) has a meet the brewer event today starting at 5pm, featuring Ray Cato of Ashland’s Caldera Brewing: “Tonight we are proud to welcome Caldera brewer Ray Cato to the green dragon. Ray will introduce us to some truly interesting beers, including a 5-year old keg of Old Growth Imperial Stout. The behemoth of all Stouts, this will leave your tongue sticky and ready for more.”
Backside Brewing (Roseburg), one of the state’s newest breweries, has a new beer and new hours to visit: “1. We have started our Experimental series with a new Single Hop Pale. Come check it out. 35 IBU 4.75%ABV. 2. We are extending our hours and opening earlier today. We will be adding a full day next week, and opening by 12 each day for lunch hour. Stay tuned for more info! Cheers!”