Happy Monday! It’s beer week season, as there are two going on right now and Portland Beer Week starts later this week. I’ll do my best to list the various events posted as well as the other Oregon beer news. As usual, I’ll be periodically updating this post throughout the day with the latest news as I find it, so check back often. And if you have news to share, please contact me and I can get that posted as well.
I missed the fact that Medford Beer Week started last week, on June 1, and is running through Saturday, June 10. They started with a launch party at Opposition Brewing and have a slew of events lined up each day all across the town. Here’s today’s lineup:
- Beer and Brats @ Wild River Brewing: All Day
- Beer and Falafel Pairing @ Portal Brewing: 2pm – 7pm
- Pints for Humanity @ Walkabout Brewing: 3pm – 8pm
- Firestone Walker Brewing Bingo Extravaganza @ The Rogue Growler: 5pm – 8pm
- Tap Takeover with Boneyard Brewing @ The Growler King at Fair City Market: 5pm – 8pm
- Tricycle Time Trials with Hop Valley Brewing @ Beerworks Medford: 5pm – 9pm
- Ladies’ Night @ Opposition Brewing: 5pm – 9pm
- Patio Party @ RAM Brewing: 6pm
- Geeks Who Drink Trivia Night @ BricktownE Brewing: 7pm – 9pm
Eugene Beer Week starts today, and runs from June 5 through June 11., and they have a packed schedule as well! Here are the events taking place today:
- Barley Brown’s Pop-up at BeerGarden
- Food and Flight Pairing at Plank Town Brewing
- Day of Sky! Free Pint Glass check in at Falling Sky Pubs
- Eugene Ale Trail Anniversary & Eugene Beer Week Kick Off at 16 Tons Cafe
- 3-2-1 Beer Run at 6th Street Grill
- Production Tour at Ninkasi! (RSVP)
- Pelican Brewing at Cornucopia on 17th
- Brewers Family Feud w/ Ty Connor at The Bier Stein
And there are several week-long events kicking off today as well:
- Alesong pairing menu at Grit Kitchen all week
- Hazy IPA Fest at 16 Tons Taphouse
- Triple IPA Blind taste off at Tap & Growler all week
Plan accordingly for both Beer Weeks!
Congrats to the Oregon winners of the North American Beer Awards, which were announced over the weekend. Breweries that took home metal include 10 Barrel, Arch Rock Brewing, Back Pedal Brewing, Barley Brown’s, Boneyard Beer, Breakside Brewery, Caldera Brewing, Crux Fermentation Project, Ecliptic Brewing, Fat Head’s Portland, Full Sail Brewing, Golden Valley Brewery, Immersion Brewing, Klamath Basin Brewing, Mazama Brewing, Occidental Brewing, Omission Brewing, Pelican Brewing, pFriem Family Brewers, Silver Moon Brewing, Stickmen Brewing, Sunriver Brewing, Three Creeks Brewing, Widmer Brothers Brewing, and Wild Ride Brewing. Go Oregon!
And speaking of awards, Portland’s Cider Riot won some prestigious awards last week. From the release: “Cider Riot!’s 1763 Revolutionary West Country Cider won Bronze in the Traditional Cider category, and its Everyday Semi-Dry won Bronze in the New World category at the Bath and West Show in Shepton Mallet, Somerset, England. The awards were announced live at the show on June 1. The Royal Bath and West Show is the biggest cider competition in the world, and the Show has been held since 1851. Winning an award there is the cider world’s equivalent to a brewery winning at World Beer Cup.” Congrats!