Here’s the news in Oregon beer for Tuesday, the 24th of May. As usual, I’ll be periodically updating this post throughout the day, so check back often for the latest news. And if you have news to share, please contact me and I can get that posted as well.
Central Oregon Beer Week rolls on, with a number of events and specials taking place (the list is big enough that it’s below). Today Three Creeks Brewing in Sisters is hosting a Brewers Dinner for Beer Week, featuring four coursess paired with their beers, with head brewer Zach Beckwith and their head chef on hand to talk about the pairings. Cost is $55 per person, with reservations required; call (541)549-1963 to get in on that.
Cascade Brewing (Portland): Tonight’s Tap It Tuesday earns so much geek cred today: “Tonight’s Tap It Tuesday at 6pm is Indigo Montoya, a variation on our Elderberry project, featuring a blend of sour red and wheat ales aged in oak barrels for up to 16 months with dried elderberries and a dash of blackcap raspberries. Pouring a deep indigo color, this limited blend features flavors of dried fruit, blackberries, leather and earth.” Yes you need to quote “The Princess Bride” while drinking it!
Here is the today’s lineup for COBW:
- Broken Top Bottle Shop: Today they are featuring “Cider Night” with Atlas Cider and Red Tank Cider in the house pouring tastings from 5 to 7pm.
- Wild Ride Brewing in Redmond has $9 growler fills today.
- The Growlers Guys West is offering $1 off your growler fill all week long if you can answer beer trivia correctly.
- Bend Brewing: All Week long they are offering up a special “Hops vs. Sours” tap takoever with their award-winning specialty beers.
- Cascade Lakes Brewing: From the 20th through the 26th at both their Lodge in Bend and the 7th Street Brewhouse in Redmond, it’s happy hour all day long.
- Silver Moon Brewing: All Week long, they have a special lineup of rare and barrel aged specialty brews on tap, as well as offering a special mug club signup.
- Worthy Brewing: Every day of COBW they are offering food and beer pairing specials, and growler and glass swag specials when paired up with beer purchase.
- Sunriver Brewing: They brewed the official Beer Week beer, “COBW IWA” (India Wheat Ale), which you can find on tap at Broken Top Bottle Shop, Platypus Pub, Crow’s Feet Commons, White Water Taphouse, Pour House Grill, Jersey Boys Pizza, Gorilla Growlers, Growler Guys West, Growler Guys East, Mountain Jug, and the two Sunriver pubs.
Deschutes Brewery (Bend) has their Community Pint fundraisers at both their Bend and Portland pubs today, with $1 of every pint sold being donated to a given charitable organization (a new one each month). In Bend, the pints are benefiting the Bend Spay & Neuter Project; in Portland, they benefit Luke-Dorf which helps mental health recovery, homeless outreach, and housing placement in the greater Portland area. Be sure to stop in an enjoy a pint or 3 today!
The Australian International Beer Awards took place last week, and we have some Oregon winners! Congrats to Pelican Brewing and PFriem Family Brewers, as well as Fat Head’s Portland and Gigantic Brewing. Pretty amazing all around!