Looking back over the number of posts I made over 2007, I thought it would be fun to write a Brew Site "Best Of" list based on my writings. It’s that time of year, right? So without further ado, here’s The Brew Site Best of 2007: all based on my personal opinions of beers I drank and breweries I visited (etc. etc.) for this past year. (All my categories are arbitrary, loosely based on the topics I wrote about.)
Best PR Package: Pumpkin beers: All the various pumpkin beers I received on request from a number of breweries, for my Pumpkin Beer Week.
- Lost Abbey beers (link): One big box. ‘Nuff said.
- Flying Dog‘s packages: I’m on their list for new and limited releases, and keep getting samples. Right on.
Hoppiest: Turmoil Black IPA, Barley Brown’s Brewpub (review)
Note: Tough call—all of the fresh hop beers I tried I liked, but this one from the Deschutes pub (on tap only) was ultimately my favorite.
Best Session Post: #7 Brew Zoo—dedicated to Michael Jackson, the Beer Hunter, and one that I had fun writing.
Best Beers Not Already Mentioned: (No particular order)
- Tannen Bomb, Golden Valley Brewing (review)
- Obsidian Stout, Deschutes Brewing (review)
- Indian Brown Ale, Dogfish Head (review)
- Young’s Special London Ale, Young’s (review)
- Stone Old Guardian, Stone Brewing (review)
- Jenlain Ambrée, Jenlain (review)
- Alaskan Smoked Porter 2005, Alaskan Brewing (review)
- Liberty Ale, Anchor Brewing (review)
- Old Nick, Young’s (review)
- Avant Garde, Lost Abbey (review)
- Cuvee de Tomme, Lost Abbey (review)
- Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Marzen (review)
- Widmer Okto, Widmer (review)
- Wild Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter, Flying Dog (review)
- Wild Dog Barrel-Aged Horn Dog (review)
- Baltika Porter (review)
Best Beer: What, you think I’d actually call this? No, unfortunately I can’t. There were several outstanding ones that are vying for that spot and I’d have to drink them again in a sudden death tasting…