This month, Mudslinger Spring Ale, previously known as Nut Brown Ale, from Redhook Ale Brewery (NASDAQ: HOOK), will return to grocery stores in 12 ounce bottles and on draught in the Western U.S.
“Mudslinger is one of my favorite beers. We brew it in a traditional American Brown Ale style, using six of the highest quality malts available. The malts, which include pale, chocolate, three different caramels and a touch of roasted barley, lend flavor, complexity and offer excellent drinkability.”
– Greg Deuhs, Redhook brewmaster
- Mudslinger Spring Ale has a medium body and features malty layers of dark chocolate and caramel along with subtle notes of brown sugar and vanilla.
- The seasonal ale was brewed with six barley malts and two hop varieties, creating a smooth, well balanced brown ale flavor.
Mudslinger Spring Ale Rundown:
- Brewed in a traditional American Brown Ale style
- Alcohol by volume (ABV) of 5.8 percent
- 30 international bittering units (IBUs)
- 185 calories per 12 ounces
- Available through April
- Grilled meats, fowl, stews and even smoked oysters or salmon.