Michelob Brewing Co. Features Four Distinct Ales in the Newest Seasonal Sampler Pack, Led by the Introduction of Michelob Rye P.A.
The four beers in the new Michelob Brewing Co. Fall/Winter Sampler Pack are ales, but that’s where their similarities end. Each beer showcases the diverse range of ingredients and styles found in these warm-fermenting favorites.
Available beginning September 14, the sampler pack features year-round classics Michelob Pale Ale and Michelob Porter, the return of Michelob Bavarian Style Wheat and the all-new Michelob Rye India Pale Ale (Rye P.A.).
“The Michelob sampler pack brings to life our passions for exploring new styles and creating a collection with a beer for every palate,” said Adam Goodson, brewmaster at Michelob Brewing Co. “We crafted Michelob Rye P.A. using feedback on many versions of the recipe that we shared with beer enthusiasts at beer festivals across the country. Rye is a challenging grain to use in brewing and adds considerable malt flavor complexity compared to barley alone. Michelob Rye P.A.’s intense hop flavors and dry-hopped aromas complement the rye’s spicy undertones, resulting in a twist on the classic India Pale Ale (IPA) style and an ideal addition to our family of beers.”
The four ales included in the sampler pack are:
- Michelob Rye P.A. is a robust ale with distinct bitterness, perfectly balanced by complex malt flavors and the spiciness of rye. Previously only shared at beer festivals, this highly anticipated beer is being introduced exclusively in the Michelob Brewing Co. Fall/Winter Sampler Pack.
- Malt: Two Row, Caramel, Rye
- Hops: Columbus, Cascade; 50 IBUs
- ABV: 5.9%
- Michelob Bavarian Style Wheat is an unfiltered wheat beer that is lightly hopped and fermented using a unique yeast strain to create characteristic banana and clove aromas. The beer was originally introduced in 2006 as part of a sampler pack and made available seasonally in 2007.
- Malt: Two Row, Wheat
- Hops: Cascade, Hallertau, 13 IBUs
- ABV: 5.2%
- Michelob Pale Ale is dry hopped to produce a delicious floral and citrus nose. This balanced ale pours a thick foam head and displays a deep, orange-amber color. Michelob Pale Ale’s spicy tones and a slightly bitter profile are balanced with a clean finish.
- Malt: Two Row, Toasted and Caramel
- Hops: Hallertau, Saaz, Cascade; 37 IBUs
- ABV: 5.5%
- Michelob Porter showcases bold coffee and chocolate tones with subtle notes of raspberry and pine. With a lineage tracing back to 18th century London, our porter displays the creamy texture and hearty flavor that made this English-style ale famous.
- Malt: Two Row, Toasted, Caramel and Chocolate
- Hops: Willamette, Saaz; 25 IBUs
- ABV: 5.9%
“Our brewing team voted to bring back Michelob Bavarian Style Wheat for the sampler pack,” said Goodson. “We had a lot to choose from, but the wheat ale’s warm banana and clove notes won us over. In contrast to rye, which accentuates the beer’s maltiness, wheat steps in and smoothes out the malt notes for a crisp and refreshing brew.”
Every sampler pack includes a flighting sheet with tasting notes and a summary of each beer’s ingredients to reveal how the brewmasters’ recipes impact the colors, aromas and flavors found among the different styles. The flighting sheet’s glassware and food pairing recommendations provide serving tips to enhance tastings at home. Michelob.com also features interactive brewmaster tasting videos to guide visitors through the ingredients, color, body and brewing techniques behind the four styles.
The Michelob Fall/Winter Sampler Pack is available at club, grocery and convenience stores nationwide from September 14 through February 2010 in 24-packs (six of each beer) and 12-packs (three of each beer).
Visit www.michelob.com for more information about Michelob Brewing Co., a small, state-of-the-art research brewery located next to Anheuser-Busch’s historic St. Louis brewery. At any given time, up to 50 different beers are being brewed in this brewmasters’ playground. Michelob Brewing Co. is a place for our brewmasters to create and experiment, with the best results earning a place in our specialty beer collection.