Yes, another Deschutes press release. I know things have been getting top-heavy with Deschutes items around here, but hey—they’re sending me press releases. You want me to run stuff? Send it on.
Deschutes Brewery proudly announces the triumphant return of its one-of-a-kind, custom dreamboat, “Woody,” the big wooden barrel. Emerging from a spring training tour through Portland, Las Vegas and the banks of Central Oregon’s Deschutes River, Woody is ready to hit the hot summer streets and quench beer lovers’ thirst for a taste of Bend. Sharing the rich and diverse Deschutes Brewery experience is the barrel’s mission, because the brewery knows it is not always possible to make the pilgrimage to the source. Woody is ready to take the world by storm…or at least one festival at a time.
Woody will most likely make a stop in your hometown in search of Cliff, Norm, and the rest of the “Cheers” gang. Swing by, say hello and enjoy a pint with the Deschutes Brewery team at one of the events listed below:
- The Bite of Bend – June 21 & 22 (Bend, OR)
- Waterfront Blues Festival – July 3 – 6 (Portland, OR)
- Bend Summer Festival – July 12 & 13 (Bend, OR)
- Summer Music Meltdown – August 7 – 10 (Darrington, WA)
- Squaw Valley Jazz & Funk Fest – August 16 & 17 (Tahoe, CA)
- A Day for the River – Sept. 13 (Bend, OR)
- The Fremont Oktoberfest – Sept. 19 – 21 (Seattle, WA)
Woody is the consummate tailgater’s ultimate necessity, Deschutes Brewery-style. Open the gull wing. Pour some tasty beer. Get down with the disco ball. Just follow the barrel to the next festival! Visit www.neighborhoodhops.com for the most up-to-date schedule.