This Saturday and Sunday, June 7 and 8, the Portland Fruit Beer Festival is again taking place in the parking lot of Burnside Brewing, and is featuring an amazing taplist of fruit beers of all stripes. You can buy tickets in advance here, and this year they’ve also added a Friday VIP session from 4 to 9pm (though sadly tickets for that are already sold out). Here’s the pricing breakdown:
General Admission includes a 16oz branded glassware and 12 drink tickets, each ticket good for 3oz of beer with some exceptions on more expensive beers costing 2-3. 4 drink tickets for a full 16oz fill on 1 ticket beers.
In addition to the main lineup, there’s a special rotating taplist of rare fruit beers that will be variously available as well:
- 10 Barrel: Cucumber Crush – Cucumber Berliner-Weisse created for the 2013 Fruit Beer Fest. Gold Medal Winner at the 2014 World Beer Cup.
- Breakside: Brett Rouge
- Breakside: Beaujolais avec Brett – Strong sour ale fermented with wild yeasts and Oregon grown Gamay grapes.
- Breakside: Apollo & Dionysus – Cellar Reserve Beer; Not Usually Available to the Public. Gin Barrel-Aged Sour Saison w Sichuan Peppercorn
- Burnside Brewing: Coconut/Lime Kolsch – Lime Kolsch blended with Thai Coconut water
- Burnside Brewing: Cartel Michelada – Cartel Vienna Lager blended with salt, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, secret ingredient and black pepper (Tapping 11am Saturday 6/7)
- Burnside Brewing: 2012 Red Light District – Imperial Stout with Belgian Chocolate, Strawberries and aged in local Rum barrels.
- De Garde: Blueberry Bu Weisse (Tapping 4pm Friday VIP session)
- De Garde: Blackberry Bu Weisse
- Deschutes: Abbey Framboise – Raspberry infused belgian-style Abbey ale.
- Double Mountain: Lyle Ryder – Bloody Mary/Red Beer! (Tapping 11am Sunday 6/8)
- Elysian: Squeeze Box Berry Imperial IPA – 8.1% Abv Double IPA with 42lbs each of raspberry, boysenberry, and blackberry purée. (Tapping 4pm Friday VIP session)
- Elysian: Yuzu Belgian-Style Golden – Belgian Golden with citrusy sweet Yuzu juice.
- Flat Tail: Habanero Apricot Wild
- Hopworks: Raspberry/Chocolate Army of Darkness – Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout with Organic Raspberries and Cacao
- Hopworks: Raspberry Triple – Belgian-style Tripel with Raspberries added.
- Lompoc: Cherry Christmas – Barrel-Aged winter ale with Cherries.
- McMenamins: Pavol’s Bublanina – Barrel-Aged Baltic Porter Aged on Cherries (Edgefield Brewery) ABV: 7.61
- New Belgium: Guava Nectarine La Folie – one-off single 5 gallon oak firkin.
- New Belgium: Cascara Quad – An ale brewed with Date, Coffee and cherries added
- New Belgium: Dieu Du Ciel – An ale brewed with Feijoa and Hibiscus
- Oakshire: Hermanne 1882 – Belgian-style ale with Muller Thurgau grapes aged in Pinot Barrels with Brettanomyces.
- Thai Me Up Brewing: Chchchchc-Cherry Bomb – Silver Medal Winner at 2012 GABF and 2014 World Beer Cup from Wyoming. (Tapping 4pm Friday VIP session)
- Upright/Bushwhacker: Ebony & Ivory – Upright Brewing’s Gose infused with white truffles blended with a cider from Bushwhacker infused with black truffles. (Tapping 4pm Friday VIP session)
- Alameda: Blackberry Black Bear XX Stout – Award winning Export stout with Blackberries added in the cask.
- Cider Riot: Hedgerow Fruits – Special for the fruit beer fest (a nod to one of Michael Jacksons favourite beer descriptors). It will be a dry cider made with blackcurrants and Italian plums. (Tapped at 3pm Saturday 6/7 by the brewer)
It’s going to be a fantastic fest and one I will attend someday (sadly, I have not yet made it to Portland when it takes place. Someday!). Pete Dunlop has a good writeup of why you should attend to help whet your whistle and convince any fence-sitters.
Portland. Burnside Brewing. Fruit Beer Fest. This weekend. Be there!