The Oregon Garden Brewfest over in Silverton this month is bigger than ever before, hosting 62 breweries (and meaderies and cideries) that will be pouring at least 125 beers (and meads and ciders)—that’s a stunning amount of beers represented, and the number of breweries is approaching Oregon Brewers Festival levels.
They’ve got the list of participating breweries online, though they aren’t listing the beers being poured. But! I’ve got that right here. It’s a good list too:
- 10 Barrel Brewing Co | Apocalypse IPA & Wheat IPA
- 2 Towns Ciderhouse | The Incider & The Bad Apple
- 21st Amendment | Bitter American & Hell or High WaterMelon Wheat
- Alameda Brewing Co | Black Bear XX Stout & Yellow Wolf Imperial IPA
- Base Camp Brewing Co | Ripstop Rye Pils & In-Tents India Pale Lager
- Batch 19 | Batch 19 Pre-Prohibition Style Lager
- Blue Dog Mead | Green Collar Mead & Yellow Collar Mead
- Blue Moon Brewing Co | Belgian Style White Ale & Valencia Grove Amber Ale
- Brew Werks Brewing | Neurotic Blonde & Rabble Rouser Red
- BridgePort Brewing Co | Smooth Ryed & Hop Czar
- Calapooia Brewing Co | Chili Beer & Big Aft Pale Ale
- Cascade Brewing | Razberry Wheat & Oblique Coffee Black & White Stout
- Cascade Lakes Brewing | Blonde Bombshell & Cyclops IPA
- Crispin & Fox Barrel Cidery | Original Apple Cider & Fox Barrel Blackberry Pear Cider
- Crux Fermentation Project | On the Fence Pale & Outcast IPA
- Double Mountain Brewery | Vaporizer Dry Hopped Pale & India Red Ale
- Eel River Brewing Co | Acai Berry Wheat & California Blonde
- Elysian Brewing | Super Fuzz Blood Orange Pale, LOSER Pale Ale & Savant IPA
- Falling Sky Brewing | Dark Heart & Retrograde NW Red
- Firestone Walker | Solace Wheat & Union Jack IPA
- Fish Brewing Co | Spire Mountain Dark & Dry Cider & Reel Ales Swordfish Black IPA
- Flat Tail Brewing | Tailgater Kölsch & Black Hand Maple Nut Porter
- Fort George Brewery and Public House | Divinity Fruit Beer & Tender Loving Empire NW Pale Ale
- Full Sail Brewing Co | Lager Series LTD 5 & Pub Series ESB
- Gigantic Brewing | Dark Meddle Vienna Lager & Gigantic IPA
- Gilgamesh Brewing | Ridgeway IPA & Hopscotch Strong Ale
- Golden Valley Brewery | Red Thistle Ale & Bald Peak IPA
- GoodLife Brewing Co | Sweet As Pacific Ale & Descender IPA
- Goose Island Beer Co | Honker’s Ale & India Pale Ale
- Hop Valley Brewery | Alphadelic IPA & Double ‘D’ Blonde
- Hopworks Urban Brewery | Organic HUB Lager & Organic Hopworks IPA
- Kona Brewing Co | Big Wave Golden & Koko Brown
- Lagunitas Brewing Co | a little Sumpin’ Sumpin’ & Undercover Investigation Shutdown Ale
- Laurelwood Brewing Co | Organic Free Range Red & Workhorse IPA
- Leinenkugal’s Brewing Co | Summer Shandy & Big Eddy Imperial IPA
- Logsdon Farmhouse Ales | Seizoen & Seizoen Bretta
- Lompoc Brewing | Kick Axe Pale Ale & C-Note Imperial Pale Ale
- McMenamins Thompson Brewery & Public House | TBD
- Nectar Creek Honeywine | Wildflower Session Mead & Ginger Session Mead
- New Belgium Brewing | Dig Pale Ale, Rampant IPA, The Lost Abbey & Peach Porch Lounger
- Ninkasi Brewing Co | Total Domination IPA & Believer Double Red
- Oakshire Brewing | Line Dry Rye & Watershed IPA
- Old Town Brewing Co | OTB Pilsner & Boysenberry Black Ale
- Pale Horse Brewing | Hillbilly Blonde & Hopyard Dog
- Pelican Pub & Brewery | Winema Wit & Silverspot IPA
- Ram Restaurant & Brewery | Oregon Blonde Ale & Big Red IPA
- Rat Hole Brewing | Fencepost Porter & Rotation Red
- Redhook Brewery | Audible Pale Ale & Wise Cracker Wit
- Rusty Truck Brewing Co | Moonlight Ride Blackberry Ale & Stupiphany Imperial Red Ale
- Santiam Brewing | Spitfire ESB & Pirate Stout
- Sasquatch Brewery | Oregon Session Ale & Woodboy IPA
- Seven Brides Brewing | Paige’s Purple Haze Blueberry Wheat & Abiqua Black IPA
- Shock Top Brewing Co | Belgian White & Raspberry Wheat
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co | Pale Ale & Southern Hemisphere Harvest Ale
- Standing Stone Brewing Co | Noble Stout & I ♥ Oregon Ale
- Stella Artois Brewery | Stella Artois
- Stone Brewing Co | Stone 12.12.12 Vertical Epic Ale & 2012 Double Bastard Ale
- Tieton Ciderworks | Apricot Cider & Dry Hopped Cider
- Vermont Hard Cider | Woodchuck Amber & Woodchuck Granny Smith
- Vertigo Brewing | Razz Wheat & Friar Mikes IPA
- Wandering Aengus Ciderworks | Anthem Cherry & Anthem Hops
- Widmer Brothers Brewing | Alchemy Pale Ale & Hopside Down IPL
What I like about this is, it’s a chance to try some of the lesser-known and newer Oregon breweries, like Calapooia, Falling Sky, Gilgamesh, Old Town, Pale Horse, Rusty Truck, Santiam, and Sasquatch. And—this is a bit of a coup but they have Bend’s newest brewery, Rat Hole, in this list!
It’s going to be tough to decide what to drink! There’s quite a number here I haven’t tried. Definitely looking forward to it.
Happy Hump Day! Here’s the Oregon beer news for the middle of the week, Wednesday the 10th of April. As usual, I’ll be periodically updating this post throughout the day with the latest news, so check back often for updates. And if you have news to share, please contact me and I can get that posted as well.
Belmont Station (Portland) is hosting the can release party for Medford’s Southern Oregon Brewing tonight from 5 to 8pm, featuring can sampling and a tapping of SOB’s brews. “Medford’s Southern Oregon Brewing has produced quaffable beer since 2006. We are excited to announce that they are now producing their top sellers in cans for your summer activity pleasure. Taste SOB Nice Rack IPA and Na Zdravi Czech Style Pilsner from cans. We will also pour their limited Bourbon Barrel-aged Nice Rack IPA and Black Heart Imperial Stout in our Biercafé.”
Sky High Brewing (Corvallis): Today is the release party for their new Boundless Session Ale, their spring seasonal. “Come one come all to tap our first keg of our spring seasonal, hoppy, light session ale. Free swag (t-shirts, growlers, glasses) to give away, live music, fabulous beer. Hoppy Hour starts at 4pm, Brutal Bridges Band plays at 7pm.” The swag giveaway will last until 6pm.
Continue reading “Oregon Beer News, 04/10/2013” »
Here’s the news in Oregon beer for Tuesday, the 9th of April. As usual, I’ll be periodically updating this post throughout the day, so check back often for the latest news. And if you have news to share, please contact me and I can get that posted as well.
Breakside Brewing (Portland) is holding their Spring Beer Showcase today in partnership with Portland’s Tabla, where they will be featuring 16 beers on tap as well as the bottle release of their new Barrel Aged Imperial Stout. “Join Breakside Brewery and Chef Adam Berger for an evening of beer and food at Tabla, 200 NE 28th Ave, Portland OR, on Tuesday, April 9th from 5:00-9:30pm. Rather than a seated meal or coursed dinner, this will be a casual night of eating and drinking: guests can arrive at any time and stay for as long as they like. Tickets for this night of indulgence are ONLY $25 ($30 at the door); entry gets you all you can eat and drink! Call Tabla at 503-238-3777 to reserve a spot.”
McMenamins White Eagle Saloon (Portland) is holding a special “Meet The Edgefield Brewers Night” tonight from 5 to 8pm, featuring their Night Court Rum Barrel-Aged Barleywine: “You’ll have no objections by the time you’ve finished your glass of this Three Rocks Rum barrel-aged iteration of our Barley Legal Barleywine. We decided to throw the book at it and some vanilla beans, then put it in lock up for a month. Now the flavors of vanilla, smooth American, spirits and the untamed hop-forward attitude of the original ale have co-mingled into a complex and mellow citizen. We’re realeasing this on parole today for you to judge!”
Continue reading “Oregon Beer News, 04/09/2013” »
This past Friday night I popped into Worthy Brewing to check out their grand opening celebration (which I’d blogged about here) to drink some beer, grab some pictures, and shoot some video of the Hop House dedication to Dr. Al Haunold. All three objectives were achieved, and I have to commend Worthy for putting on a great party. It was raining, so all of the action took place inside the brewery, but that was really the only snag.
Here are a few pictures, and a video of Roger Worthington’s speech and dedication to Dr. Al Haunold.
And, here’s that video of the dedication and speech. Apologies for the low quality; low lighting combined with having to zoom the Flip camera plus weird acoustics (it’s a brewery, not a concert hall after all) didn’t come out great, but you get the idea. (Also, I tried YouTube’s anti-shake correction on it, which is interesting.)
Happy Monday! (If you saw “Intro” here earlier, well, that’s the danger of pre-scheduling blog posts!) Here’s the news in Oregon beer for Monday, April 8. As usual, I’ll be periodically updating this post throughout the day with the latest news as I find it, so check back often. And if you have news to share, please contact me and I can get that posted as well.
Deschutes Brewery (Bend): Even though Deschutes had to cancel the big Class of ’88 beer release event tonight, that doesn’t mean the beer isn’t flowing! Rather than the full flight with food pairings, they are still offering samples of all three beers tonight starting at 5pm: “Free samples of all 3 collaboration versions of Class of ’88 Barley Wine (Deschutes, Rogue Ales, & North Coast Brewing Company) paired with light artisan apps & a chat with Brewmaster Cam in the Tap Room in Bend | Monday, April 8th from 6-9pm.” Getting the chance to sample all three Barleywines side by side is a great opportunity, something Deschutes doesn’t do often with other breweries at their Pub. Be there!
Belmont Station (Portland) is holding a tasting today from 5 to 8pm featuring Tieton Ciderworks out of Washington: “Taste the full bottled lineup from this Washington craft cidery including Wind Bourbon Barrel-aged cider, Blossom Nectar, Cherry, Apricot, Wild Washington, Yakima Valley Dry-Hopped, and the Frost Ice Cider. Get all the advance tasting notes at tietonciderworks.com”
Continue reading “Oregon Beer News, 04/08/2013” »