Happy Thanksgiving week! Because it’s a short holiday week I’m forgoing doing the daily Oregon beer news posts for this one, which I’ll periodically update this week (though likely not on Thursday). As always if you have news you’d like to share, drop me a note and I’m happy to get it posted here.
Belmont Station (Portland) today (Monday the 23rd) is hosting a tasting with California’s Tahoe Mountain Brewing today from 5 to 7pm: “Running Man Distributing just signed Tahoe Mountain and we are happy to introduce them here at Belmont Station. Running Man will be pouring samples of a handful of their bottled beers, brought in fresh from the brewery, and we hope to put something of theirs on draft as well.”
And this Wednesday, the 25th, Belmont Station is holding their annual ticketed event, their Bourbon County Stout Black Friday Sneak Preview Fundraiser, which benefits the Oregon Food Bank: “we will be pouring four very special rare versions of Goose Island Bourbon County Stout our taproom: 2015 Bourbon County Stout, BCS Barleywine, BCS Regal Rye and BCS Coffee. These beers will only be available in a flight for customers who have pre-purchased tickets for the event… Customers can purchase FOUR tickets (so you can get some for friends), but there is a limit of only one ticket per person the day of the event. Ticket cost is $30 per ticket with $15 of each ticket going to benefit the Oregon Food Bank. Please note that to be a part of the the Bourbon County flight, you must have a pre-purchased ticket. We will not be selling them on the day of the event.” Get your tickets now! (And they will be selling bottles of Bourbon County Stout on Friday.)
And let’s break the rest of the news down by brewery/venue:
- Crystal Ballroom (Portland): They have a special beer tasting on Wednesday, the 25th, from 5 to 9pm, featuring Another Day Malt Liquor (a cool 8% abv).
- Tavern & Pool (Portland): Wednesday, they have a meet the brewer and special tasting for Black Ice Vanilla Porter starting at 5pm.
- Cornelius Pass Roadhouse (Hillsboro): Their monthly Roadhouse Beer Invitational is featuring Winter Warmers, with special pricing and flights of some big winter-themed beers from 6 to 9pm.
Saraveza (Portland): They are hosting a tap takeover and meet the brewers of the new 54° 40′ Brewing out of Washington on Tuesday the 24th: “We are excited to invite the great Charlie Hutchins (formerly from Rock Bottom) and Bolt Minister (most recently from Old Town brewing) will be here along with other 54 40 crew members to help kick off their arrival here in Oregon. We will have 5 draft offerings from them.” There will be bottles as well.
The Bier Stein (Eugene): This Friday the 27th they are tapping into the spirit of the colleges’ Civil War football game with a Pro-Am Civil War Taste-Off all day long: “This year, two homebrew clubs – Cascade Brewers Society and Heart of the Valley – decided to have a little friendly competition. Each club held a ‘people’s choice’ style competition, and the winner of each was ramped up and brewed at a commercial facility. The Heart of the Valley winner, a Cascadian Dark Ale, got brewed at Block 15 in Corvallis; the Cascade Brewers Society winner, a Belgian-style Single, made it into the fermentors at Plank Town. During the Civil War game between the Ducks and Beavers, you’ll have a chance to taste each beer and decide for yourself which brew is the best! The beers will of course be available in 4.5oz samples as well as larger, so you can try them side-by-side. The winner will get mad props. And there is no real loser when it comes to beer…”
The Green Dragon (Portland):
- Wednesday the 25th: The Green Dragon Brew Crew release is featuring Altstadt Alt: “This week’s release from the Green Dragon Brew Crew is a tribute to the old ways. Inspired by a trip to Dusseldorf, Altstadt Ale is brewed with a pronounced malt richness from the German malt, and an assertive noble hop bitterness that rounds it out with a lightly spicy finish.” Starts at 5pm.
- This Friday they are holding their 5th Annual Black Friday Craft Beer Fundraiser taking place all day long—this is a fundraiser for Brewpublic founder Angelo De Ieso who has an inoperable brain tumor. “Tired of fighting crowds and standing in line for deals on gifts for your family? Forget about all that stress and come celebrate Black Friday at the Green Dragon Pub in Portland with more than 25 Dark and Delicious beers including a variety of CDAs, Stouts, Porters, and more!”