An internet outage and unexpected change in my schedule for the day kept me away from the computer for my regular Oregon beer news post. So I missed Friday the 15th, but here is the news in Oregon beer for Saturday and Sunday this weekend!
It’s a big Oktoberfest weekend in fact; the official Oktoberfest starts on Saturday the 16th, and around the state various Oktoberfest events are underway or taking place on Saturday as well. Here’s a rundown of what I’ve found:
- Mt. Angel Oktoberfest – the big one! Runs through Sunday the 17th
- Bend Oktoberfest – Friday-Saturday the 15th-16th
- Newberg Oktoberfest – Friday and Saturday
- Stammtisch Oktoberfest – Portland – runs through Sunday
- Brookings Oktoberfest – Saturday the 16th (hopefully not impacted by the Chetco Bar Fire)
- Viking Braggot Oktoberfest – Saturday the 16th at their taproom in Eugene
- Portland’s Abbey Bar’s Oktoberfest raises money for Doernbecher Children’s Hospital all weekend long
- Three Mugs Brewing hosts their 8th Annual OktoBrauenFest on Saturday and Sunday
- The Lucky Lab Dogtoberfest takes place Saturday from 11 to 5pm
- McMenamins Kennedy School Oktoberfest Brewfest takes place all day Saturday
- Portland’s Loyal Legion kicks off 18 days of Oktoberfest on Saturday
Corvallis Beer Week wraps up this weekend, with one of the big events taking place on Saturday: Septembeerfest! From 1 to 9pm at Avery Park, the Heart of the Valley Homebrewers presents the 10th annual edition of the event, featuring 69 beers, ciders, and meads from 26 different breweries (and cideries and meaderies). $15 is the admission fee which gets you the pint glass and 4 tasting tokens.
There is a new brewery in McMinnville, Allegory Brewing, and they are celebrating their grand opening on Saturday. “Join us as we celebrate our official Grand Opening! Aside from continuing to work on our tasting room buildout, we’ve been brewing consistently since softly opening last month and all the labor is coming to fruition. We’ll be showcasing up to 4-5 of our house brewed craft beers along with brewery tours, merch, lawn games, food specials and live music!”
Portland’s Natian Brewery is celebrating their 8th birthday on Saturday as well as the grand opening of their new taproom! Featuring happy hour pricing all day, meet the brewers, drink Natian beers you’ll never have had anywhere else, raffles, and more. Congrats on both the anniversary and the taproom!
McMenamins has a few things taking place this Saturday:
- The 20th annual High Street Brewfest in Eugene celebrates “20 beers for 20 years” with beers and ciders from 20 breweries, both in-house and guest brewers. Formerly known as the Mid-Valley Brewfest, this one focuses largely on the breweries of the Willamette Valley area. McMenamins fests are always a good time so I’d highly recommend checking it out!
- Many McMenamins locations are celebrating Halfway to St. Patrick’s Day on Saturday as well. Look for Irish-themed, St. Paddy’s type fun, Irish stout, food specials, live music, and more!
- The 23rd Avenue Bottle Shop in Portland is hosting a Galaxy Champagne tasting on Saturday from 2 to 4pm.
Widmer Brothers Brewing (Portland) is officially launching their new Hefe Twisted Citrus on Saturday at their Russell Street pub. In addition to music, games and prizes, there will be Hefe (of course) but also Twisted Citrus radlers and slushies.
10 Barrel Brewing (Bend) is releasing their new Trail Beer on Saturday at their Galveston Pub, celebrating with a trail cleanup from 4 to 8pm: “We’ll be meeting up at the Galveston Pub to do some trail clean up (Trail TBA). Meet at the pub to be picked up by Cog Wild Mountain Bike Tours & Shuttle and taken up to the clean up site. From there we will clean for an hour or so and then head back to the pub for an afterparty with beers, food, and live music from Popcorn Trio. We’ll be giving the first 15 people to show up to the trail a custom, cobranded Cotopaxi trail beer backpack.”