McMenamins Corvallis has a limited-edition beer tasting today from 5 to 8pm, featuring Term Berry: “Term Berry combines the flavors of two of our most popular beers! You’ll taste the richness and full-bodied flavor of Terminator and the refreshingly fruity flavor found in Ruby. Instead of adding the fruit during the fermentation, this puree is added in the kegging process, much like dry-hopping. Now you can have the famed Rubinator, with no mixing from the taps necessary!” It was brewed by Gary Nance, the brewer over at Corvallis’ McMenamins on Monroe.
Belmont Station (Portland) today is hosting Firestone Walker for their XX Anniversary release party from 5 to 7pm: “Firestone Walker turns 20 and we will be celebrating with a party befitting such a lofty accomplishment! In the taproom, we will be pouring the XX Anniversary Ale along with a few of Firestone Walker’s previous Anniversary Ales: 15, 18 & 19 along with Union Jack and Luponic Distortion. We also will have XX Anniversary Ale available in the bottle shop to take home, of course!”
Cascade Brewing (Portland): Their Tap It Tuesday tonight at the Barrel House at 6pm is “a live barrel of Cerise Nouveau, in anticipation of the Beaujolais Nouveau release in France happening at 12:01am this Thursday. Cerise Nouveau is a lightly-carbonated blend of sour red ales aged in Pinot Noir barrels for nine months before adding fresh Bing cherries and aging for an additional four months. Like a classic Beaujolais wine, Cerise Nouveau exudes aromas of fresh cherries, dark summer fruits and gamay grapes. A bientôt!”
Tuesdays see a number of benefit nights by breweries. Here is a rundown of what’s going on so you can drink beer for good causes:
- Deschutes Brewery (Bend) has their Community Pints every Tuesday, with $1 of every pint sold this month benefiting CASA of Central Oregon all day long.
- Ninkasi Brewing (Eugene) has Pints for a Cause today at their tasting room: “Join us at the Tasting Room for Pints for a Cause! From noon to 10pm, 25% of all pint sales in the Tasting Room will go to Upstart Crow Studios. Upstart Crow Studios believes every child needs to develop a deep sense of self-esteem, to become a critical thinker and to understand the value of teamwork, as essential life skills. Upstart Crow Studios role in the community is to address these critical factors in the creative and academic development of young people.”
- Great Notion Brewing (Portland) has Dine Out Night from 5 to 9pm supporting Vibe of Portland: “Vibe is excited to team up with our friends of the award winning brewery, Great Notion to support Vibe’s school based art & music programs! Join us for an evening of amazing food and stellar beverages, create a masterpiece on your table (covered in butcher paper) and support arts education for under resourced schools in our community!”
- Laurelwood Brewing (Portland) has a Books for Beer benefit for the Multnomah County Library today: “On Tuesday, November 15, bring a book to either of these two Laurelwood Pub locations (at any time while the pub is open):
NE Portland Pub; 5115 NE Sandy BLVD
SE Portland Pub; 6716 SE Milwaukie AVE
Adults receive one free beer with the book donation and any child that brings a children’s book to donate will get one free root beer!” A portion of the day’s sales will also benefit the Library.
- Oregon City Brewing tonight features Bottoms Up for Babies: “Tonight for charity pint night we have PDX Diaper Bank here! Come down and grab an OCB beer to help support a wonderful cause!” $1 for every pint sold will be donated to PDX Diaper Bank.
Base Camp Brewing (Portland) has a new release today: “We’ll be tapping our latest and greatest, Bretta Livin’ Cranberry. The newest release in our all-brettanomyces fermented, sour fruit ale series. It’s tart and bright and bomb as all get out. Woohoo!” It taps at 6pm.
Full Sail Brewing (Hood River) announced their latest Brewmaster Reserve series beer, Shortest Day CDA: “The shortest day of the year means the longest night, with more time to drink Full Sail’s new, perfectly balanced Shortest Day Cascadian Dark Ale. Shortest Day CDA, which has already won a gold medal from this year’s Great International Beer & Cider Competition, is brewed with 2-row pale, crystal, and de-husked chocolate malts. It pours a deep dark black with a lacy tan head, with aromas of dark roasty malt and hints of tropical and citrus fruit. Brewed in small batches, Brewmaster Reserve Shortest Day CDA is only available November through February, in 22 oz. bottles and draft. 6.6% ABV, 57 IBUs.”
2 Towns Ciderhouse (Corvallis) has announced the launch of their Traditions line of ciders, rolling the sister company Traditions Ciderworks into their lineup. From the press release: “The 2 Towns Traditions line of vintage ciders focuses on specialty barrel-aged and traditionally inspired ciders. Four products will be released over the next six months, starting with the Riverwood, a New World brut style cider, and Cidre Bouché, a French style keeved cider. Available in extremely limited quantities, bottles of each cider can be found at the 2 Towns Tap Room and at select bottle shops throughout the West Coast starting next week.”