Here’s the Oregon beer news for this Thursday, June 22. As usual, I’ll be periodically updating this post throughout the day, so check back often. If you have news to share, please contact me and I can get that posted as well.
Lompoc Brewing (Portland) has a new beer release today: Barrel Aged Red on Rye. “Join us on June 22 at 4pm at Sidebar for the release of Barrel Aged Red on Rye, part of our new Select Series. Available in 500ml bottles and on draft, with limited availability. Barrel Aged Red on Rye was aged in Heaven Hill Rye Whiskey barrels for 10 months. Crimson in color, it features oak in the nose to complement a malty body with caramel flavors. It was brewed with Rauch malt, giving off a touch of smoke and acidulated malt giving off a slight tartness (6% ABV).” Be at the Lompoc Sidebar at 4pm to kick off this release.
It’s not listed on the Oregon Cider Week events page, but The Bier Stein in Eugene is hosting 2 Towns Ciderhouse for the release of La Mûre this evening from 5 to 8pm: “Join us for the release of a special cider from 2 Towns Ciderhouse! We will have La Mûre and Hop & Stalk on tap, and Ross will be passing out samples and 2 Towns swag. ‘Inspired by the historic lambic beers of Belgium, La Mûre embodies the Flemish styles of old. Northwest apples and Oregon grown Marion blackberries are fermented wild with Lactobacillus. Aged in Willamette Valley pinot noir barrels for one year, this unique cider is then removed from these dusty casks and bottle conditioned, revealing complex aromatics and a lactic tang that only time can unfold.'”
Other events in the Oregon Cider Week lineup for today:
- Schmutzerizer Demonstration @ Swift Cider
- Strawberry Release Party @ Portland Cider Company – Clackamas Taproom
- 2 Towns Ciderhouse Night at Cider Bite – 5 to 7pm
- Northwest Cider Brokers Tasting – A Cider Journey @ Belmont Station – 5 to 8pm
- Finnriver House Party @ Lombard House – 5 to 8pm
- True Portland Book Launch Book Party @ Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider – 6 to 10pm
- Seattle Cider Tasting & Specialty Taps at Bushwhacker! – 6 to 9pm
- 2 Towns Oregon Cider Week Cider Cocktail at Loyal Legion (ongoing)
- Release of Cider House Love Collaboration Cider (ongoing)
- Cider Club Kick Off @ 1859 Cider (through Friday)
Ordnance Brewing (Boardman) is at Uptown Market in Beaverton tonight for a beer tasting from 5 to 8pm: “Come on down to Scholls for a tasting with Ordnance Brewing! We’ll have their EOD IPA, Bloops Wheat and RX Pale on tap as well as a wide variety of bottles!”
Fat Head’s Brewery (Portland) has rare barrel aged beer releasing to check out: “We will be tapping 4 barrel aged beers for you guys to try out!! Tequila barrel aged Big Hoppa, Tequila barrel aged IBUsive, Indio Whiskey barrel aged Sorcerer, and Rum barrel aged Sorcerer. We look forward to comparing the IPA’s and the two different Sorcerers!! How about you guys?!