Here is the news and events in Oregon beer for Tuesday, June 13. As usual, I’ll be periodically updating this post throughout the day, so check back often for the latest news. And if you have news to share, please contact me and I can get that posted as well.
(Portland Beer Week events are below the fold.)
McMenamins Old Church & Pub (Wilsonville) has their Blissful Brews at the Old Church beer tasting today from 5 to 8pm, featuring Zesty’s Best Citrus IPA: “Are you an IPA fan who just can’t get enough citrus in your beer? Then try our one and only Zesty’s Best IPA! Dry hopped with a special blend of hops and zested citrus fruits, Zesty’s overflows with notes of grapefruit, tangerine, lemon and fresh pine. Beneath it’s lacy white head resides a tropical paradise of flavor where hops and fruit collide, creating a crisp, fresh and fun take on a Northwest classic. This beer is sure to please your inner hophead, while quenching even the mightiest thirst.”
Deschutes Brewery has their Community Pints days every Tuesday, where $1 from every pint sold at the Bend and Portland pubs goes to benefit a local non-profit. In Portland they are benefiting Passport Oregon, while in Bend this month they benefit the Deschutes Land Trust. Be sure to head down to your local and help out with a pint or three!
- Beachwood Brewing Launch With Friends @ Loyal Legion
- Sour & Wild Ale Seminar @ Zoiglhaus Brewery
- Crux Pop-Up Pub At Side Street – Side Street Is Hosting Crux For The Entire Duration Of PDX Beer Week.
- Beer Whiskey And Whiskey Event @ Loyal Legion
- Eastburn, Coalition Brewing And $2.50 Pints! – $2.50 Pints All Day Long!
- Culmination Brewing Pop-Up/Tap Takeover At Lardo Sandwiches – Westside
- Crafts & Craft Beer @ DIY Bar – Make Beer-Inspired Crafts While Sipping On Craft Beer – $30 Gets You First Beer & Craft
- Laurelwood Collaboration Release @ The Civic Taproom And Bottle Shop
- ‘A Sign Of The Times’ – A Modern Times Beer Extravaganza! – Come Join Us At The Growler Guys – South Waterfront
- Ninkasi Coloring Contest @ Belmont Inn
- Coalition Sour CBD Release And Awesome Raffle – Raffle For Two Infused Edible Cooking Classes And Two Seats On The Portlandia Experience Pot Tour Bus @ Saraveza
- Culmination & Ruse Brewing Bottle Shop Dessert Pairing – Beer And Desserts @ McMenamins 23rd Avenue Bottle Shop
- Klamath Basin Log Roller Lager Release & Patio Party @ Bottles
- Founders Brewing Meet The Brewers Event! – 20th Anniversary Meet The Brewers Event @ The Goodfoot
- Ordnance Brewing Beer Pairing Dinner At Embassy Suites By Hilton Portland Downtown
- Beer Trivia – Pub Quiz Focused On Beer For PDX Beer Week @ Stormbreaker Brewing
- Imperial Session PDX Beer Week Dinner W/ Block 15 And Ruse Brewing @ Tournant
- This Old Brewhouse: Build It With Baerlic – Come Meet The Baerlic Brewers, Sample Their Beers And Get Crafty With Us! @ DIY Bar
Belmont Station is holding a Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Across the World pouring today from 5 to 8pm: “For their Beer Camp project this year, Sierra Nevada brewed locally, but thought globally, with collaborations from around the world! We will be pouring all 12 different collabs on tap in the biercafe, so come and taste around the globe!” Go try all 12!
Ninkasi Brewing (Eugene): Their Pints for a Cause fundraiser today is benefiting the Cascades Raptor Center: “Join us at the Tasting Room for Pints for a Cause! From noon to 10pm, $1 from each pint sold in the Tasting Room will go to Cascades Raptor Center. For the comfort of our guest owl, Dmitri, this evening we ask that you leave your dogs at home from 3-9pm. Thank you!”
Oregon City Brewing has their charity pint night tonight from 6 to 9pm: “Donating and sponsoring events within our community is central to what OCB is all about. Every Tuesday, they sponsor a different local, non-profit or charitable cause and donate $1 of every OCB beverage sold (pints, growlers, crowlers, house-made sodas). June 13th is all about CAMP UKANDU so come out and share some Hope and Joy and some great beer and food!”
Cascade Brewing in Portland has a number of things going on today:
- Tap It Tuesday at the Barrel House at 6pm is featuring Primordial Noir, “offering a unique look into the evolution of our Sang Noir blend. Primordial Noir is composed of the richest, most robust components of the upcoming 2016 project – spiced imperial reds aged in bourbon barrels with Bing cherries. This Northwest sour ale showcases rich flavors of roast malt, molasses, bourbon and dark cherry (10.5% ABV).”
- They are releasing Crazy Navel, “in bottle and draft, a blend of sour wheat and blond ales aged in oak wine barrels for 14 months with fresh orange zest. This beer will see full distribution through our usual channels!”
- And, another Barrel House release: “In addition to Crazy Navel, we’re also releasing Pêche Fumé on draft at the Barrel House today. A collaboration with Freigeist Bierkultur, Pêche Fumé is a wild, sour wheat ale brewed with smoked malt then fermented in open-top puncheon barrels with Northwest-grown peaches.”
Pelican Brewing (Pacific City): Their latest barrel-aged collection beer, Queen of Hearts, is available for pre-order now. It’s a saison aged in gin barrels. “Our Saison du Pélican is exceptional on its own; when aged in local gin barrels from our friends at Ransom Distillery, it takes on an additional dimension of harmonious flavor. The fruity and spicy aroma of the farmhouse Belgian yeast, herbaceous Goldings hops, and the well-rounded malt character of Saison du Pélican pair exquisitely with the latent botanical flavors imparted by Ransom Distillery’s Old Tom gin barrels. In the practice of their craft, distillers only bottle the ‘heart of the hearts’ (the best part of the distillate), which is why we dubbed our Saison ‘the Queen of Hearts.'”