Here we are kicking off a new week this Monday, June 12. Portland Beer Week continues, and Oregon Cider Week begins on the 15th! Here’s the news and events roundup to get us going. As usual, I’ll be periodically updating this post throughout the day with the latest news as I find it, so check back often. If you have news to share, please let me know and I can get that updated as well.
Portland Beer Week rolls on today, and one of the big events taking place today is the annual New Oregon Breweries Showcase hosted by Bailey’s Taproom. This has become an anticipated event and highlights many new names you may not have heard about. “The New School presents their annual showcase of New Oregon Breweries who have opened within the last year from all over the state. Many of these breweries have never poured outside of their pubs and some in Oregon’s far reaches from La Grande to Bandon. Others like Portland’s Wayfinder Beer will be debuting their first in-house brewed beers. All of the brewers/owners will be in-house for the meet-and-greet hours 5-8pm. Bailey’s Taproom will be featuring eleven selected breweries with two beers pouring from each for a tap takeover of twenty-two offerings. No tickets or special glassware, just purchase your beers like regular.” One of the featured breweries is Bandon Brewing Company, who I just wrote about; they will have very fresh kegs of beer on hand, just having brewed them (in Portland) on Memorial Day weekend. Other breweries include: Reach Break Brewing, Wayfinder Beer, Common Block Brewing, Ross Island Brewing, Side A Brewing, Scout Beer, The Horn Public House & Brewery, Little Beast Brewing, Funhouse Brews, and Sedition Brewing.
And here’s the official lineup of today’s Portland Beer Week events:
- Beachwood Brewing Launch With Friends – Loyal Legion
- New Oregon Breweries Showcase – Bailey’s Taproom
- Sustainability Talks Seminar – Hopworks Urban Brewery
- Running Man Showcase – A Selection Of Running Mans Oregon Products On Draft – Loyal Legion
- Culmination Brewing Pop-Up/Tap Takeover At Lardo Sandwiches – Westside
- Crux Pop-Up Pub At Side Street – Side Street Is Hosting Crux For The Entire Duration Of PDX Beer Week.
- Beer Whiskey And Whiskey Event – Loyal Legion
- Brewvana’s Mississippin’ Walking Tour – Walk North Portland’s Most Transformed Neighborhood While Sampling Their Finest Beer!
- Crafts & Craft Beer @ DIY Bar – Make Beer-Inspired Crafts While Sipping On Craft Beer – $30 Gets You First Beer & Craft
- Peaches & Kriek – Roscoe’s
- Modern Times Beer Tap Takeover – Crazy Delicious Beer From San Diego! – Imperial Bottle Shop
- Eastburn, No-Li And Free Comedy – No-Li Brewing And Free Comedy With Barbara Holm
- Yoga Beer At Ecliptic Brewing – All Levels Yoga Practice, Followed By A Pint!
Breakside Brewery will be at The Civic Taproom this evening from 6 to 9pm for a tap takeover event: “Breakside is taking over our taps during a beer themed trivia night! Representatives will be here to sample you on beer and raffle off prizes. We are pouring: Salt & Honey Gose, Toro Red, Rainbows & Unicorns, and Liquid Sunshine Pilsner.” There will also be bottled options avaiable.
Coalition Brewing has the release of a new CBD-infused beer, taking place at Hawthorn Hophouse today starting at 5pm: “Portland Beer Week Event – Featuring the new release of Herbs of a Flower, lemongrass & basil CBD-infused sour. Possibly the first release of this beer in Portland. Meet the brewer , plus also pouring Two Flowers- their first CBD infused beer.”
RiverBend Brewing (Bend) has the latest in their NE IPA series (I assume these are NE IPAs) on tap: “Passion Agressive our passionfruit milkshake IPA is now on tap at the pub, and heading to other beer bars in Bend and Portland this week. Hazy IPA, meets a bit more of creamy sweetness and body, with a huge aggressive punch of Passionfruit, it’s a force to be reckoned with.”
Ordnance Brewing (Boardman): They’ve got a new beer coming out soon that they posted about today that sounds worth your while: “Coming soon. A very special Imperial Wheat aged in Pinot Noir barrels from Ponzi Vineyards. Winemaker Luisa Ponzi aged Pinot in the barrels for four vintages. The fruit came from the same block in the same vineyard each year. We could get geeky but well, we’re talking beer, great beer. This rare brew will release in the coming weeks.” This beer is named Brewvine.
Vertigo Brewing (Hillsboro) has two of their tropical favorites back on tap: “Today we actually have two favorites back on tap. Our Tropical Blonde is back. This is our TBD Blonde infused with Key Lime juice. Along with that is her rather aggressive sister Tropical Heatwave. This is the Tropical Blonde with Pineapple and Habanero peppers added. Taproom opens at 4:00.”