Today is the 73rd anniversary of D-Day, the invasion of Normandy which was the turning point of World War II on the Western Front. That is worth toasting today, with the Oregon beer news for this Tuesday, June 6. As usual, I’ll be periodically updating this post throughout the day, so check back often for the latest news. If you have news to share, please contact me and I can get that updated as well.
(The Beer Week events for Eugene and Medford and numerous and thus below the fold.)
Calapooia Brewing (Albany) has a beer release party today for their new Pine Bender Pale Ale: “Join us Tuesday, June 6 from 5:30-7:30 for a special release party! We are super excited about the release of Pine Bender Pale! This small batch, dry hopped pale is a collaboration with our good friends at Bevel Craft Brewing, for the Beaver State Fling disc golf tournament this weekend! World Champion, Professional disc golfers Valarie Jenkins and Nate Doss will be on hand to celebrate with us, and sign autographs.”
Cascade Brewing (Portland) announced its latest new releases this morning in a press release: “Cascade Brewing will release its Manhattan NW 2015 project today at 12pm PDT; and on June 13, it will release Crazy Navel 2016. Both projects will be available in bottle and draft at its two pubs – Cascade Brewing Barrel House and Raccoon Lodge – and through its distribution channels. Manhattan NW is a blend of sour quad and blond ales aged in bourbon barrels with sour pie cherries and apricot noyaux. A tribute to the classic Manhattan cocktail, this unique sour beer interpretation features flavors of bourbon, maraschino cherries, bitter almond and rich malt backbone (10.3% ABV). Crazy Navel 2016 is a blend of sour wheat and blond ales aged in oak wine barrels for 14 months with fresh orange zest. Using both Cara Cara and Heirloom varietals, Crazy Navel captures the essence of the navel orange balanced with a refreshingly tart and dry base beer (7.6% ABV).”
And Cascade’s Tap It Tuesday at the Barrel House at 6pm is Pineapple Spice: “featuring sour blond and wheat ales aged in oak wine barrels for up to 13 months with dried pineapple rings, crushed coriander seed and a pinch of fresh ginger. Offering flavors of fresh pineapple juice with just a touch of spice and a brisk acidity, Pineapple Spice is an ideal sour sipper for the early days of summer!”
- 2 Towns Ciderhouse Cornhole Tournament @ The Rogue Growler: 5pm – 8pm
- Pint for a Cause @ Wild River Pizza: All Day
- Tuesday Brew Day @ Osmo’s Brewing: Sign-up at the Taproom
- Support the Holly Theater @ Portal Brewing: 2pm – 7pm
- Ladies Night + Free Pool @ BricktownE Brewing: 5pm (Free Pool All Day)
- Hellshire Event with Oakshire Brewing @ The Growler King at Quality Market: 5pm – 9pm
- Lego Firewalking With Firestone Walker Brewing @ Beerworks Jacksonville: 5pm – 9pm
- Trivia Night @ Walkabout Brewing: 6pm – 8pm
- Taps and Tacos with Deschutes Brewing @ The Point Pub and Grill, Medford: 6pm – 8pm
- Bitter Tuesday / Sour Tuesday with 10 Barrel Brewing @ Beerworks Medford: 6pm – 9pm
- Trivia Night with Boneyard Brewing @ Mr. Smith’s: 7pm – 10pm
And Eugene Beer Week continues as well, with:
- Barley Browns Pop Up Pub at beergarden (continuing)
- Food and Flight pairing at Plank Town
- Day of Sky! Free Pint Glass check in at Falling Sky Pubs
- Beer Release! Red Triple IPA on draft, cask and nitro at Plank Town
- Tower of Sour at the Bier Stein
- Burger and a Brew for at 6th Street Bar & Grill
- Pint Boots Society Pints for a Cause at Ninkasi
- Drink the Dank with Point Blank at Tap & Growler
- Agrarian Ales Beer Tasting at 17th St. Cornucopia
- Three Creeks Brewers Dinner at The Campbell House
- Hop Valley Trivia night at Rennies
- Ninkasi Coloring Contest at 5th St. Cornucopia
- Alesong pairing menu at Grit Kitchen all week
- Hazy IPA Fest at 16 Tons Taphouse (all week)
- Triple IPA Blind taste off at Tap & Growler all week
Tuesdays seem to be benefit and fundraising days at a number of places, so here’s a rundown (not including Ninkasi’s Pint for a Cause which is listed above):
- Deschutes Brewery has Community Pints on Tuesdays, with $1 from every pint sold at the pubs going to a local non-profit organization. In Bend they are benefiting Deschutes Land Trust, and in Portland they are benefiting Passport Oregon.
- Oregon City Brewing is hosting Bottoms Up for Babies, their fundraiser for the Portland Diaper Bank, today from 5 to 11pm. $1 of every pint sold will benefit the Diaper Bank.
- Great Notion Brewing is hosting a Community Support Night for SOAR from 5 to 10pm (SOAR is Sponsors Organized to Assist Refugees).
- Double Mountain Brewery‘s Portland taproom is hosting a benefit for SOLVE from 5 to 9pm: “buy a beer and benefit the environment at the same time! $1 of every pint sold from 5pm to 9pm will be donated to SOLVE to continue litter cleanup efforts in the Woodstock neighborhood.”
Baerlic Brewing (Portland) has a new draft beer release today: Dress Shorts Helles Lager. “Dress Shorts Helles Lager: Just in time for the epic weather, we present you our take on a formal German Helles Lager! Light and crisp and endlessly satisfying, just like your favorite pair of Dress Shorts!” They start at 4pm.
Gigantic Brewing (Portland): They’ve got the release of their new Ginormous MK1 Imperial IPA today starting at 3pm: “We have started a new program with our Ginormous Imperial IPA. We are going to be releasing a new version of Ginormous approximately every 7 weeks, each iteration featuring a new hop bill. We will be using some of the cool new hops – African Queen, Southern Aroma, Calista, and experimentals – and some of the favorites – Mosaic, Citra, Simcoe, Crystal, Nelson, and Galaxy. The first release in the new Ginormous program ships this week, and features the African Queen hop from South Africa. African Queen, formerly known as Experimental Hop 98J17/63, are a South African hop variety that is incredibly tropical and contributes strong citrus, stone fruit, black currant, and gooseberry notes.” Fun idea!