Eugene Beer Week rolls on today, with a number of events going on (below the fold as usual). One of the featured events today is taking place at The Bier Stein as they are tapping all six of the Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Across America collaboration beers: “31 breweries, 6 beers. What does the mind of a brewer smell like? Find out tonight! Sierra Nevada teamed up with five breweries in 6 regions of the country. Some of the breweries are newer upstart startups, others have a couple decades under their belts. Using inspiration not only from the collision of creative spirits but the geography and history of the regions, the six-pack that emerged from this collaboration series at once reflects traditional styles and unique ingredients.”
And Medford Beer Week starts today! (June is definitely Oregon’s beer week month!) They have a huge list of goings-on taking place, most of which I’ll list below the fold, and today’s marquee event is a tap takeover and barrel release with Gold Beach’s Arch Rock Brewing and Immortal Spirits: “We are releasing our first barrel project for Arch Rock Brewing at Immortal Spirits. We used their Absinthe barrel and aged our State of Jefferson Porter. The result is…Another State of Mind. You’ll have to try it. We are also taking over the taps at the distillery bringing our 3 signature beers; Gold Beach Lager, State of Jefferson Porter,& Pistol River Pale, a Ginger Shandy made with our lager, Banana Belt Bavarian Hef, & of coarse Another State of Mind.” It’s taking place from 4 to 6pm.
McMenamins 23rd Avenue Bottle Shop (Portland) today is hosting a sneak peek at the Thompson Brewery Barley Cup coming up in just over a week! “Come & meet Salem Brewer Jen Kent to get a sample of some of the offerings that will be competing for the trophy at the 19th Annual Barley Cup! This brewfest will take place on Saturday, June 11th at Jen’s home base in the Oregon state capital. At this sneak preview, you’ll have an opportunity to try only a handful of the twelve submissions. For now, we’ll have Cornelius Pass Roadhouse’s Oak Aged Apricot IPA & Thompsons Imperial Stout, but you can bet there’ll be more to come!” It’s taking place from 5 to 8pm.
Here are today’s other Eugene Beer Week happenings:
- Beergarden is hosting a Ballast Point Brewing pop-up pub all week long.
- The Tap & Growler is hosting a week-long Best Imperial IPA Blind Taste Off with 12 different beers to taste and choose from.
- Grit Kitchen restaurant is hosting an Alesong Brewing dinner pairing event series all week.
- Hop Valley Brewing is featuring firkin tappings at both locations starting at 3pm.
- Claim 52 Brewing has a bottle event going on tonight from 4 to 8pm, featuring a “smattering” of their bottled beers being opened up.
- GoodLife Brewing will be in town at Hot Mama’s Wings, with the release party for their new Wildland Session Ale starting at 5pm.
- 16 Tons is hosting a pop up pub with PFriem Family Brewers tonight from 5 to 11pm.
- The Tap & Growler is hosting a “good old fashioned BBQ” tonight starting at 5pm, along with specialty Firestone Walker beers to match.
- Falling Sky Brewing is hosting a “Problems in Homebrewing” class starting at 6:30pm. It’s $10 to attend, limited to 25 people.
And for Medford Beer Week, I’m cribbing from their long list of events:
- Classic Italian Meal Deal @ R&D’s: 10am – 4pm
- Happy Day Beer Week Kick-Off @ Wild River Pizza: 10:30am – 10pm
- “Hoppy Hour” All Day @ BricktownE Brewing: 11:30am – 10pm
- Summer Beer Release @ Walkabout Brewing: 3pm – 8pm
- Beer Week Launch Party with Legionnaire Apparel @ Opposition Brewing Company: 4pm – 9pm
- Kick-off Party with Ninkasi Brewing and Pint Rider @ Beerworks Medford: 5pm – 10pm
- Drunken Pictionary with Hop Valley Brewing @ Mr. Smith’s: 5pm – 8pm
- Block 15 Tap Takeover @ The Growler King at Quality Market: 5pm – 9pm
- Wild Ride Brewing Tap Takeover @ The Growler King at Fair City Market: 5pm – 9pm
- 2nd Annual Iron Pint Competition @ Portal Brewing: 4pm
The Green Dragon (Portland): Today’s Meet the Brewer event is featuring Coalition Brewing: “Join us this Thursday as we gladly welcome Coalition Brewing to the Green Dragon for this weeks Meet the Brewer event. Coalition’s brewers will be on hand to answer any brewing related questions you might have.” It starts at 5pm.