Happy first of June! Here’s the news in Oregon beer for this Wednesday. As usual, I’ll be periodically updating this post throughout the day with the latest news, so check back often for updates. And if you have news to share, please contact me and I can get that updated as well.
Eugene Beer Week continues today, with one of today’s featured events being a Farmhouse Beer Fest and Brewers Panel organized by Alesong Brewing and hosted by 16 Tons from 5 to 7pm: “There will be a rad lineup of great farmhouse inspired beers from around the globe and featuring select beers from Alesong Brewing and Blending, The Ale Apothecary, The Commons, and Agrarian Ales! There will also be a panel discussion starting at 6 pm with some great brewers of these styles. The panel includes Paul Arney of The Ale Apothecary, Sean Burke of The Commons, Tobias Schock from Agrarian Ales and Matt from Alesong.”
Bend’s Platypus Pub is hosting a beer tasting with Everybody’s Brewing tonight from 6 to 8pm: “Pat Velten from Everybody’s Brewing will be here Wednesday night to sample a few of their great beers. We will have their Hoppy Imperial IPA and Country Boy IPA on draft and available for samplers. Pat will also be bringing samples of Pub Only beers. One is a Barrel Aged Cherry Saison and the other is a Russian Imperial Stout. To add to the fun, a little trivia challenge will be held at around 7:00.”
Here’s the rest of today’s lineup for Eugene Beer Week:
- Beergarden is hosting a Ballast Point Brewing pop-up pub all week long.
- The Tap & Growler is hosting a week-long Best Imperial IPA Blind Taste Off with 12 different beers to taste and choose from.
- There’s an Alesong Brewing dinner pairing event series taking place all week at Grit Kitchen restaurant.
- Plank Town Brewing is breaking out the rarities today, some of their rarest and dearest brews going on tap!
- Falling Sky Brewing has a beer release today starting at 3pm, and is hosting the Sasquatch Homebrew Competition awards ceremony tonight at 7pm.
- Sam Bond’s Brewing is inviting folks to come name their new barrel-aged strong ale from 5 to 9pm tonight.
- Hop Valley Brewing is holding a four-course beer pairing dinner from 6 to 8pm at their Eugene location: “$45 ticket payable by credit card only on the evening of the dinner RSVP: by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-662-7178”.
- It’s also Hop Valley’s “Hops that Help” charity night: “Join us in the Tasting Room for Hops that Help on Wednesday, June 1st from 5:00 – 8:00pm. One dollar of every pint sold will be donated to the National Foundation for Transplants to help Lyle Maxon, which will be used to help pay $35,000 in medical expenses.”
- The Tap & Growler has a “Feast with Vikings” dinner from 6 to 8pm.
The Green Dragon (Portland): Tonight’s Green Dragon Brew Crew release is featuring 1872 Pale Beer: “With this week’s release, the Green Dragon Brew Crew takes us back in time to what beer tasted like two centuries ago. 1872 Pale Beer is made with a recipe from the 1872 edition of William Dick’s Practical Receipts and Processes. The Brew Crew strived for accuracy, using historical brewing methods and ingredients. The recipe features hops, malt, and yeast strains available in the 1870s. 1872 Pale Beer was brewed in collaboration with Oregon State University Archives for Portland State University’s June 4th Archaeology Roadshow. Drop by for pint this Wednesday. Can you remember the last time a history lesson was so much fun?” It starts at 5pm.