It’s the final Thursday of May, I hope you’re ready for June just around the corner! Here’s the news in Oregon beer for this May 26. As usual, I’ll be periodically updating this post throughout the day, so check back often. And if you have news to share, please contact me and I can get that updated as well.
Bend’s newest brewery, Immersion Brewing, officially opens today at 4pm! From the press release: “Immersion Brewing, Bend’s first and only Brew-It-Yourself (BIY) pub and craft brewery, is excited to announce their grand opening Thursday, May 26 4-10pm. Immersion Brewing will open the 7,300 square-foot BIY pub and craft brewery with a selection of four beers hand-crafted by head brewer Josh Cosci on the brewery’s 10-barrel system: Big Chilla, a Belgian-style NW Pale Ale; Little Fawn, a Saison; Bender, a Belgian-style NW IPA; and IRA (Immersion Red Ale), a red ale. Guests can also choose from a full bar, which includes a cocktail menu, hand-selected wines, and Nitro Cold Brewed Coffee.”
Central Oregon Beer Week rolls on today, with the full slate of ongoing events listed below, and today’s feature event is featuring The Ale Apothecary and poet Emily Carr once again for a special release and tasting party of Minotaur and a reading of Carr’s poetry, taking place at Crow’s Feet Commons from 4 to 7pm. “Experience a unique and seriously whimsical collaboration through beer tastings, pop-up poetry, private readings and Music. Join The Ale Apothecary, Crow’s Feet Commons and local poet, Emily Carr for an evening of inspiration through taste and poetry. During this event, you can meet a love poet and a metaphysical brewing team and learn about their happy coincidence of fate and opportunity.” You’ll be able to taste samples of Minotaur—for $7.50 per tasting, and bottles will be available for sale along with the book of poetry.
Here is the today’s lineup for COBW:
- Broken Top Bottle Shop: Today they are hosting Sunriver Brewing and Kobold Brewing for tastings from 5 to 7pm, and live music from members of the Moon Mountain Ramblers from 7 to 9.
- The Growlers Guys West is offering $1 off your growler fill all week long if you can answer beer trivia correctly. Today they are also hosting a tasting with Wild Ride Brewing.
- Bend Brewing: All Week long they are offering up a special “Hops vs. Sours” tap takoever with their award-winning specialty beers.
- Cascade Lakes Brewing: From the 20th through the 26th at both their Lodge in Bend and the 7th Street Brewhouse in Redmond, it’s happy hour all day long.
- Silver Moon Brewing: All Week long, they have a special lineup of rare and barrel aged specialty brews on tap, as well as offering a special mug club signup. Plus it’s Open Mic Jam Night tonight.
- Worthy Brewing: Every day of COBW they are offering food and beer pairing specials, and growler and glass swag specials when paired up with beer purchase.
- Sunriver Brewing: They brewed the official Beer Week beer, “COBW IWA” (India Wheat Ale), which you can find on tap at Broken Top Bottle Shop, Platypus Pub, Crow’s Feet Commons, White Water Taphouse, Pour House Grill, Jersey Boys Pizza, Gorilla Growlers, Growler Guys West, Growler Guys East, Mountain Jug, and the two Sunriver pubs.
- Primal Cuts Meat Market (and Growler Phils) is hosting Last Thursday Beer and Food Pairing today with Monkless Belgian Ales and Oakshire Brewing.
- Also at Crow’s Feet Commons, brewer Jack Harris from Fort George Brewery will be on hand from 4 to 5pm to talk about why “My Beer Doesn’t Taste Like IBUs.”
Imperial Bottle Shop (Portland) is hosting an IPA Smackdown tonight from 5 to 8pm, featuring the final “judging” of a list of great IPAs from General Distributors portfolio. It’s a great chance to taste some terrific IPAs.
BridgePort Brewing (Portland) is holding the launch party for their new year-round Cream Ale at their brewpub tonight from 5:30 to 8pm: “BridgePort Brewing’s newest addition to their lineup of year round beers, Cream Ale will be available to OR and WA residents May 16. To kick-off the bottle release of Cream Ale, we invite our fans down to the BrewPub to taste, drink, and experience BridgePort Cream Ale.”
The Bier Stein (Eugene) is hosting the release of Sixpoint Brewing’s PUFF today starting at 5pm: “Join us for a tapping of PUFF Imperial IPA from Sixpoint in Brooklyn. This unfiltered IPA is sure to bomb your senses with juicy hop aromas! We will have a full flight of Sixpoint IPAs on tap, including Bengali, Resin, PUFF, and Dozer Foam Imperial IPA. Come down for a flight and a chance to win some swag!”
Culmination Brewing (Portland): They are celebrating their first foeder beer tonight from 5 to 9pm: “We recently received our new foeder from Foeder Crafters of America and Foed For Thought is the first beer we made using it! Foed For Thought is a foeder fermented NW Farmhouse Ale that was dry hopped with Southern Hemisphere hops. It is straw colored and hazy in appearance with flavors and aromas of white wine, pineapple, coconut, oak and bright citrus fruits. 7.1% ABV and 14 IBU. Thursday evening May 26th from 5 PM – 9 PM we are having a party at Culmination celebrating this beer!”