I hope everyone had a good long weekend and Memorial Day. Back to it for a short week! Here’s the news in Oregon beer; as usual, I’ll be periodically updating this post throughout the day, so check back often for the latest news. And if you have news to share, please contact me and I can get that posted as well.
Santiam Brewing (Salem) will be in Portland tonight at Bailey’s Taproom‘s Upper Lip for a sour beer release and tap takeover from 4 to 10pm: “Santiam Brewing takes the reins of The Upper Lip’s tap menu for the night with their very first sour ale and an ecelctic mix of other rare brews. Draft List: Gin Peche Lambic, Tangiers Saison, Pirate Stout, Lacey Lady ISA, Ecotopia IPA, and Edel-Weissbier”
Belmont Station (Portland) is hosting the can release and tasting for Everybody’s Brewing‘s Local Logger Lager today from 5 to 7pm: “White Salmon, Washington’s own Everybody’s Brewing will be adding a third style of beer to their can lineup with the addition of the Local Logger Lager. And the first place in Portland where you can get these shiny-new cans will be right here at Belmont Station. The Local Logger Lager is 4.8% ABV, 28 IBU’s, and is described by Everybody’s Brewing as “A crisp, effervescent beauty. Not too hoppy, but not too light. The perfect balance of flavor and refreshment.” Come taste this delicious lager and Everybody’s other canned beers, Country Boy IPA and Little Sister ISA, finally in cans just in time for summer fun!”
- Broken Top Bottle Shop‘s Beer Geek Week Day 5 runs from 5 to 9pm, featuring beer tastings from 5 to 8pm with Silver Moon Brewing, North Rim Brewing, and Corvallis’ Flat Tail Brewing, and live music from 7 to 9pm from Moon Room.
- The Platypus Pub is hosting Portland’s Laurelwood Brewing for a tasting from 5 to 7pm.
- Bend Brewing Company‘s Brewer’s Choice Tap Takeover continues with killer selections of beer on tap, picked by brewers Ian Larkin and Josh Harned.
- Cascade Lakes Brewing has all-week happy hour beer prices continuing today at both their Bend Lodge and Redmond’s 7th Street Brew House.
- GoodLife Brewing has extended their usual Locals Wednesday $3 GoodLife pint deals to run all week through Sunday—Locals Week!
- Bridge 99 Brewery has a unique “Radio Rock Crawlers and Beers” event featuring, “A great time with RC crawlers, craft beer and BBQ from Wubba’s across the lot. Bring your own, or try out a demo from D’s Hobbies!” It runs from 3 to 6pm.
- RiverBend Brewing is hosting tastings with Oregon Spirit Distillery, Red Tank Cider, and Buena Bucha Kombucha from 6:30 to 9:30pm tonight, along with live music from both Avery James and the Hillandales and The Harley Bourbon Band.
Pelican Brewing (Pacific City): They announced today that they won a big award at the Australian International Beer Awards: the Champion Medium International Brewery, as well as a number of awards for their beers totaling seven medals. Big congrats for pulling this down!
Cascade Brewing (Portland): Tonight’s Tap It Tuesday at their Barrel House at 6pm is featuring “Live” Apple Crisp a la Mode. It is “a blend of Blond ales aged in oak wine barrels for 14 months with fresh apple cider, cinnamon and vanilla bean. Fresh apple and cinnamon flavors lead to a warm vanilla presence and dry, puckery finish. 8.1%, $7.5 glass, $2.5 taster”