Happy Hump Day, we’re getting closer to the weekend! Here’s the Oregon beer news for this Wednesday, May 25. As usual, I’ll be periodically updating this post throughout the day with the latest news, so check back often for updates. If you have news to share, please contact me and I can get that updated as well.
The ten-day Central Oregon Beer Week continues today with a laundry list of goings-on (most of which listed below the fold), with today’s feature event taking place at Crux Fermentation Project: the COBW Tap Takeover going on all day, featuring 14 Central Oregon breweries on tap at Crux! Proceeds will benefit the Central Oregon Brewers Guild. From 4 to 7pm, brewers from each brewery will be on hand to talk about their beers, and there’s live music from 5:30 to 7:30. Don’t miss a chance to taste a wide variety of local beers in one place!
The Bier Stein (Eugene) has their Tapping Into Community fundraising/charity night tonight starting at 5pm for Pro-Bone-O: “Please join us for this benefit tapping event for Pro-Bone-O, a local nonprofit that offers veterinary care to pets of people without homes. We will have a donated keg from Viking Braggot Company, and 100% of the proceeds will go to the cause.”
Here is the today’s lineup for COBW:
- Broken Top Bottle Shop: Today they are hosting Cascade Lakes Brewing and North Rim Brewing for tastings from 5 to 7pm, and live music from Blackstrap Bluegrass from 7 to 9.
- Wild Ride Brewing in Redmond has $9 growler fills today.
- The Growlers Guys West is offering $1 off your growler fill all week long if you can answer beer trivia correctly.
- Bend Brewing: All Week long they are offering up a special “Hops vs. Sours” tap takoever with their award-winning specialty beers.
- Cascade Lakes Brewing: From the 20th through the 26th at both their Lodge in Bend and the 7th Street Brewhouse in Redmond, it’s happy hour all day long.
- Silver Moon Brewing: All Week long, they have a special lineup of rare and barrel aged specialty brews on tap, as well as offering a special mug club signup. And today, get a pint plus a burger special for only $10.
- Worthy Brewing: Every day of COBW they are offering food and beer pairing specials, and growler and glass swag specials when paired up with beer purchase.
- Sunriver Brewing: They brewed the official Beer Week beer, “COBW IWA” (India Wheat Ale), which you can find on tap at Broken Top Bottle Shop, Platypus Pub, Crow’s Feet Commons, White Water Taphouse, Pour House Grill, Jersey Boys Pizza, Gorilla Growlers, Growler Guys West, Growler Guys East, Mountain Jug, and the two Sunriver pubs.
McMenamins Cornelius Pass Roadhouse (Hillsboro) has their Spring Invitation tasting for Wood Aged Beers tonight, featuring four different wood-aged beers you can taste from 6 to 9pm. The beers are Oaken Apricot IPA, Trippin’ Billy, Ruby’s Song, and 2016 Hogshead Whiskey Barrel Aged Pavol the Collector Organic Baltic Porter (that’s a mouthful!).
Portland’s Saraveza is hosting a special tasting of a keg of Kloster Andechs tonight from 6 to 9pm: “Come join us and Dan from S&H Independent Premium Brands as we have some great Kloster Andechs beer for you to sample! Dan will be sampling the full bottle lineup from them, and we’ll have bottles to purchase for here or to go! We’ll also have 2 great beers from them on draught, their Vollbeir Hell and their Bergbock Hell! The Vollbeir is a delicious Helles lager, and the Bergbock is their maibock, which only a few kegs made it to the Portland market!”
Fat Head’s Brewery (Portland) tonight is doing a meet the brewer event at, off all places, Buffalo Wild Wings starting at 7pm. “Mike will be at Buffalo Wild Wings with swag in hand pouring Rocket Man Red, Kolsch, Built for Speed, and Grapefruit Gogglefogger!”
Bend’s Platypus Pub is hosting Newport’s Rogue Ales tonight for a beer tasting from 6 to 8pm: “Please join us Wednesday evening as Nikki Lewis from Rogue Brewing will be here to sample some of their new beers. We will have the Cold Brew IPA and Honey Kolsch on tap and for samples. She will also be sampling some 4, 6, and 7 Hop IPA’s along with Pendleton Pale Ale. This will be the first time we have had Rogue in for a tasting so it should be a great time.”
PFriem Family Brewers (Hood River): New beer on tap! “Now on tap: Pink Peppercorn Saison! Come on down and enjoy a glass filled with earthy aromas and brimming with juicy flavors of round peppercorn. This beer finishes tangy, tart, and effervescent with a little bit of spice. Coming in at only 4.8%, it is ready whenever you are!”
Also in Hood River, Double Mountain Brewery has a seasonal favorite back on tap too: “Cluster what?! Clusterf#ck Single-Hop IPA is baaaaaack! Now on draft in the taproom. Don’t fret, the Clusterf#ck will be hitting shelves and taps throughout the NW and So. Cal soon.”