Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I hope you have fun and safe plans lined up for this most stout of holidays (see what I did there?); if not, keep an eye on this post as I’ll list various goings-on and news that I find for the day. As usual, I’ll be periodically updating this post throughout the day, so check back often for the latest news. If you have news to share, please contact me and I can get that updated as well.
St. Paddy’s Day is big at McMenamins, and accordingly all across the McMenamins properties you’ll find St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations featuring live music, Irish Stout, food specials, and more. See a list on their events page here. For instance, here in Bend at the Old St. Francis School, they’ll have Bend Fire Pipes & Drums roaming the property, as well as live music at O’Kane’s, Father Luke’s Room, the main Pub, and the Fireside Courtyard and of course there will be “Irish Coffee cocktails, and Irish Reubens and Corned Beef & Cabbage.” You’ll find similar merriment at other locations, so enjoy the day!
Belmont Station (Portland) is not only celebrating St. Paddy’s—it’s also their 18th anniversary they’re celebrating today! It’s a huge day for them and details are on their events page: “For our 18th Anniversary, we are super excited to once again feature some favorite beers. Each member of our awesome staff gets to select one, and they even get to write the description on the menu for their beer! Plus, we are honored to have Barley Brown’s brew our 18th Anniversary beer, a Cascadian Dark Ale called Belmont Black. Barley Brown’s founder, Tyler Brown, describes Belmont Black as, “A cross between Turmoil CDA and Chaos Imperial CDA with experimental hop 472 — Neomexicana. Warrior hops for bittering, Citra, Chinook, Cascade, Simcoe and Crystal.” We can’t wait to tap the first keg of Belmont Black on our anniversary on March 17 — and we will host Tyler at a Belmont Black bottle release party that very next Saturday afternoon, March 21.” Festivities start at 4pm and they have a terrific beer list lined up for today! If I were in Portland I’d be there, so don’t miss out!
As for additional St. Patrick’s Day specific events, I’ll list them in short format here:
- The BeerMongers (Portland): Annual St. Paddy’s Day Open House: “Of course we will have some great Irish style beers on draft. We will provide a spread of Irish grub for FREE including Corned Beef and Cabbage and Guinness Chocolate Cake.” Starts at 4pm.
- Worthy Brewing (Bend): “A Hoppy St. Patrick’s Day” going all day: “Come celebrate a Worthy St. Patrick’s Day, including: Release of our Irish Dry Stout from the Heart and Soul Series, Corned Beef & Cabbage, our Famous Rueben, and more Irish food specials, A free Leprechaun’s Treasure Hunt for kids at 4:30pm, Local Irish Dancers at 6p”
- Twisted Snout Brewery (Toledo): From 5 to 8pm they will have live music, green beer, corned beef and cabbage, and even a limerick content.
- Laurelwood Brewing (Portland): “St. Paddy’s at The Wood” features “some of the Emerald Isle’s staples, with a Laurelwood twist. Stop in anytime at our… pubs on Tuesday, March 17… for our St. Patrick’s Day specials”: corned beef and cabbage, and bangers and mash. Also: “Enjoy these hearty meals with pints of Laurelwood Tree Hugger Porter and our Organic Espresso Stout, for $3.50 each, all day.”
- Cascade Brewing (Portland): They have Irish Stout on tap at the Raccoon Lodge (and the Barrel House perhaps?)
- BricktownE Brewing (Medford): Irish Stout from them as well: “In honor of St Patrick’s Day we brewed a dry Irish stout. It’s being served on our nitro tap starting today. Come give it a try!”
- Mia & Pia’s Pizzeria and Brewhouse (Klamath Falls): “Mia & Pia’s St. Patrick’s Day Party — Corned Beef & Cabbage, served with carrots, potatoes and Irish Soda Bread, available all day and/or while supplies last! Irish Stout on special!” Live music and more as well.
- Three Creeks Brewing (Sisters): “green beers all day” with food specials as well.
- Oregon City Brewing (Oregon City): They have 4 Irish-themed beers on tap: “Double Mountain Brewery & Taproom’s Black Irish Stout on nitro, Feckin Brewery’s Dublin Pale and Top o the Feckin Morning and our very own OCB Irish Red.”
- Agrarian Ales (Eugene): Today they’re releasing Harry Oyster Stout collaboration with Corvallis Brewing Supply, at 4 locations in Corvallis—St. Paddy’s pub crawl, anyone?
- Bend Brewing (Bend): Dry Irish Stout and locals night tonight: “It’s not just St. Patrick’s day but it’s also LOCALS NIGHT! Dry Irish Stout is on Nitro along with many other great beers on tap! Cheers!”
- Silver Moon Brewing (Bend): Themed food and bagpipes! “Corned beef, cabbage, & potatoes are being served up for lunch & dinner. Bag pipes at 5pm. Bring the whole family!”
Oakshire Brewing (Eugene) is partnering up with Ninkasi, Falling Sky, Mazama, Fort George, Caldera, and Double Mountain for a Craft Brewers Conference collaboration beer—at least, that’s how I read Matt Van Wyk’s update today: “We’re brewing! @ninkasibrewing symposium beer for #cbc @brewersassociation #beer #collabo @fallingskybrew @oakbrew #bsg #simpsons #mazama #fortgeorge #caldera #doublemountain”
1188 Brewing (John Day) has a new beer on tap: “Come by the pub and get yourself a pint and growler full of our newest libation creation – Wild Horse IPA. It’s getting excellent reviews!” Check it out if you find your way out in Eastern Oregon.