Here’s the Oregon beer news for Wednesday, the 4th of January. As usual I’ll be curating and posting news items throughout the day, so contact me if you have something to share that you’d like to see here.
Worthy Brewing (Bend): The upcoming brewery and beer garden proposed for Bend’s east side was featured in an article in yesterday’s local newspaper the Bulletin, detailing out additional features of the brewery project and revealing that construction should break ground by the middle of February. “Aside from the 30-barrel system and a tasting room, the brewery will feature a laboratory, a yeast-propagation area, and a beer garden where customers will be able to eat and drink, according to plans the company has filed with the city of Bend. [Brewmaster Chad] Kennedy expects the brewery to start pumping out beer by the end of 2012.” Can’t wait for this one to open!
Golden Valley Brewery (McMinnville): Their Beaverton location is coming right along nicely, with furniture in place, the bar all set, and keg washing going on—they mentioned on Facebook that they should have a firm opening date to announce by Friday this week.
Upcoming tastings, releases, and “Meet the Brewer” events:
- The Green Dragon (Portland): They kick off their “Big Ass Beer Month” today featuring Big beers each Wednesday through January. Tonight’s beer is “The Count” Russian Imperial Stout. This is a 9.5% abv brewed by the Green Dragon Brew Crew back in March of last year. The release starts at 5pm.
- The Green Dragon tomorrow night has a Meet the Brewer featuring Silverton’s Seven Brides Brewing. Three beers will be pouring: Drunkle, Frank N Lou IPA, and Brandy Barrel Aged Black Cat Porter, and runs from 5 to 8pm.
- Ninkasi (Eugene): They have a tasting at Fisherman’s Market in downtown Eugene, with a smoked salmon burger and beer special for $7.99. That’s taking place from 5 to 8pm tonight.
Happy hours, specials, and cheap pours:
- Cascade Lakes Brewing (Redmond/Bend): It’s Locals Night at their Lodge in Bend, from 6 to 10pm, with $3.25 pints.
- Occidental Brewing (Portland): Every Wednesday they offer $8 growlers.
- Coalition Brewing (Portland): Wednesday features $2.50 pints all day.
- Silver Moon Brewing (Bend): This week’s Growler Power Hour features Hound’s Tooth Amber and Bridge Creek Pilsner. The Growler Power Hour runs on Tuesday and Wednesday from 4 to 6pm and offers $5 growler fills on those two beers.
- Boneyard Beer (Bend): Wednesdays they fill growlers for only $6.
- Three Creeks (Sisters): They offer $3 pints and $7 growlers from 4 to 8pm.