Here’s a list of what I’m thinking I’ll have with me:
- Light backpack or messenger bag to hold this stuff, plus room to hold extras or souvenirs I pick up
- Bottled water; at least 2 pints worth, sealed: they won’t allow unsealed containers in (they could potentially contain outside alcohol)
- Notebook and pen(s)
- Digital camera with extra batteries
- Sun gear: Sunglasses, sunscreen, hat
- List of brewers and beers (with the must-tries highlighted)
- Snack food—something like trail mix or nuts; there will be food vendors at the fest for meals, but something in between to keep the carbs up and the stomach not too empty is good too
- Wet wipes, or kleenex, or a small hand towel or something—hey, spills happen
As far as clothing goes, a light-colored shirt (darker colors absorb more sunlight and therefore heat), and comfortable shoes (lots of walking) are a must.
Also, I’m thinking vitamin B would be a good idea, too—before the drinking starts. A big dose of B (and hydration) goes a long way toward preventing the hangover that you may be in for otherwise.