Yeah, it’s kind of PR-y, but this strikes me as being quite the St. Patrick’s Day celebration: The Guinness Storehouse Festival, taking place over the weekend. Three days of live music and "all the beer you can drink," the email assures me.
The Guinness Storehouse® Festival kicks off on Friday March 16 th and will continue until the evening of Sunday March 18th
Throughout the weekend, visitors to the Home of Guinness® will enjoy:
- A variety of music and entertainment throughout the building. Street Theatre performers and large acts such as US marching bands, Flamenco dancers and Gospel Choirs
- An eclectic mix of rock, blue grass, soul and funk in the Source Bar.
- The Tradfest Movement takes over the Gravity® Bar each evening —this movement combines traditional Irish music with rock, jazz, dance and world music to create a dynamic energy.
- Guinness® Food and Craft Fair showcasing the best in Irish crafts and produce each day.
- Complimentary tastings of Guinness® Draught, Guinness® Extra Stout and Guinness® Foreign Extra Stout as well as Smoked Salmon on Guinness® bread for all visitors.
I don’t know much about this Guinness Storehouse; from the website it seems to be the tourist front/theme park/museum for Guinness. The site is awfully polished and looks like a tour guide. But a three-day beer celebration sure sounds fine to me.