This weekend, on Saturday the 15th, McMenamins Cornelius Pass Roadhouse in Hillsboro is throwing its 16th annual Roadhouse Brewfest, and it’s also the 151st birthday of the Roadhouse— built in 1866 by Robert Imbrie on the family farmstead. (There is a good article on the history of CPR here.)
This Brewfest is structured similar to the other McMenamins fests, with a bevy of McMenamins ales and ciders along with a good number of guest brews as well. In fact I count ten ciders and 23 beers for a total of 33 options.
There is a full lineup of live music slated, and here are other details:
Meet and chat with the brewers; the Brewery and Distillery will have an Open House from noon ‘til late.
• Open houses are eligible for the brewery tour and distillery tour experience stamps.
Pair the beer and cider with BBQ food specials, including a pig roast. Groove to live music in the meadow, barn & orchard beginning in the early afternoon. Bring your McMenamins Passport and go on a Discovery Hunt on the property.
History tours of the Property: 2 p.m. & 4 p.m.
• Meet on the steps of the Roadhouse
• Eligible for a History experience stamp
Package with pint glass & 10 tokens: $17
Tokens: $1.50 each (1 token per 4-ounce taster, 4 tokens= a pint)
Merchandise tent open Noon ‘til 8 p.m.
Here is the cider and beer list, and you can go here for the full descriptions and stats:
- 2 Towns Ciderhouse – La Mûre
- Alter Ego Cider – The Dark Royale
- Anthem Cider – Watermelon Gose Cider
- Bauman’s Cider Company – Logan Berry Cider
- Bull Run Cider – Dry Hop Cider
- Cider Riot! – A Strong & Passionate Fruit
- McMenamins Edgefield Cider – Barrel-Aged Perry Cider
- Portland Cider Company – Sangria
- Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider – ¡Viva La Pineapple!
- Wandering Aengus Ciderworks – Calville Blanc Barrel Fermented
- Ambacht Brewing – Chocolate Matzobrau
- McMenamins Cornelius Pass Roadhouse Brewery – Creekside Cream Ale
- McMenamins Crystal Brewery – Red Rhino
- Culmination Brewing Co. – Good Intention Lager
- McMenamins Fulton Brewery – Squirtie Pale
- Heater Allen Brewing – Das Bier Kolsch Style
- McMenamins Hillsdale Brewery – Stormborn IPA
- McMenamins John Barleycorns Brewery – Singled Out: Citra Double IPA
- Leikam Brewing – Grateful Red
- Three Mugs Brewing Company – Mo’ Berry Honey Ale
- Uptown Brewing – Oatis Reddin
- Vertigo Brewing – Vertigo IPA
- McMenamins West Linn Brewery – Cacao Crackdown Porter
- McMenamins Wilsonville Brewery – Confessional Kölsch
- McMenamins Concordia Brewery – 2016 Whiskey Widow
- McMenamins Cornelius Pass Roadhouse Brewery – Whiskey Peach IPA
- McMenamins Edgefield Brewery – Barrel-Aged Cherry Widowmaker
- McMenamins Oak Hills Brewery – Billy’s Barrel-Aged Black Widow
- Ecliptic Brewing – Carina Peach Sour
- Golden Valley Brewery – Wheat Tart
- Little Beast Brewing – Bes
- Reverend Nat’s Hard Cider – Bodhisattva of Compassion
- Vanguard Brewing – Red Don
One of these years I will make the effort to attend. I always enjoy the Old St. Francis School’s High Gravity Extravaganza brewfest each year (it’s my local, of course) and I think it would be fun to hit the others.
If you’re in the Hillsboro (or Portland) area on Saturday, give some thought to checking this brewfest out.