Today is the final day of Central Oregon Beer Week, and tomorrow Eugene Beer Week kicks off the month of June (which also sees PDX Beer Week and Medford Beer Week the same month) with a week-long celebration of beer in the Willamette Valley (and beyond), from Monday, June 1st through Sunday the 7th.
This is the fifth annual Eugene Beer Week, and they’ve got a terrific slate of events taking place all week including the popular Sasquatch Brew Fest on Saturday the 6th taking place at Hop Valley Brewing in Eugene.
Other events taking place throughout the week include:
- The Bier Stein has events lined up each day Monday through Friday.
- Special releases, tastings, flights, tap takeovers, beer dinners, and more taking place, well, everywhere!
- The first anniversary celebration for the Eugene Ale Trail
- Sensory classes at Ninkasi Brewing
- A Dr. Who Beerfest(!) at McMenamins High Street Cafe
- Grand opening of the new Beergarden
- And just lots, lots more.
They have a downloadable, printable guide here (PDF) and you can follow along on the week’s events and happenings on social media on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram—and don’t forget to add your own photos and such online and tag #EugeneBeerWeek too.
Incidentally, I believe Eugene Beer Week is the oldest of the city/regional “beer weeks” we have here in Oregon; it started in 2011 in May—a few months ahead of Portland Beer Week, which kicked off that year in August, and just ahead of the first Medford Beer Week that June.