This Saturday the 16th Three Creeks Brewing in Sisters is hosting their first “March Maltness” event, featuring a throwdown of “malt bombs” they’ve gathered from breweries around Oregon that people will be able to sample and vote for their favorites. The event starts at 4pm and will cost $10 for the taster tray of the six beers and a selection of appetizers.
The six featured beers are:
- Three Creeks: McKay’s Scottish Ale
- 10 Barrel: Dopplebock
- Coalition Brewing: Dunkel Rye
- Crux Fermentation Project: Double Cross Belgian Dubbel
- Lompoc Brewing: Brewdolph Belgian Red
- Oakshire Brewing: Black Moon Ryesin’ American Rye Stout
On the appetizer menu, they have listed:
- Thai Peanut Chicken Spring Roll
- Caprese Bruschetta
- Pear Pesto Gorgonzola Pizza
- Smoked Salmon Turnovers
This sounds like a lot of fun and similar to Three Creeks’ IPAPRIL event from last year (and hopefully this year as well). The $10 price is really reasonable for six (presumably 4-ounce) tasters and an appetizer—I’m assuming you choose one from the menu, not get all four—and getting the chance to do side-by-side tastings with similar beers is always fun and educational.
Three Creeks posted on Facebook here to call to reserve a seat: (541) 549-1963 or you can email Heidi@threecreeksbrewing.com. I don’t know how strict they’ll be on reservations but it’s never a bad idea so make sure to let them know.