The Willamette Week’s annual Oregon Beer Awards took place in Portland last night, the culmination of a statewide round of judging and voting over the past couple of months. (I was on the voting panel, in which I got to nominate and then vote (remotely) in a number of categories like Best Brewpub, Best Beer Bar, and so on.)
The awards ceremony was the highlight of the night and the winners were posted shortly thereafter. Big congrats to all of the medal winners! And of course because I tend to be pretty heavily Central Oregon centric on this blog, special congratulations are in order for the local winners! Here’s who won what:
- Deschutes Brewery – Bronze in “Belgian” category for Elkington’s Golden Strong
- GoodLife Brewing – Bronze in “Strong Hoppy” for Comatose Imperial IPA
- Silver Moon Brewing – Gold in “Other Traditional Beers” for Ghost Fields Rye IPA
- Sunriver Brewing – Silver in “Sessionable Hoppy” for Electric Avenue Session IPA
- Sunriver Brewing – Bronze in “Flavored” category for Cocoa Cow
- Three Creeks Brewing – Gold in “Coffee” for Frontier Justice Coffee Stout
- Three Creeks Brewing – Bronze in “Stout/Porter” for FivePine Chocolate Porter
- Wild Ride Brewing – Bronze in “Coffee” category for Stand Up and Shout Stout
- Worthy Brewing – Gold in “Sessionable Hoppy” for Stratasphere IPA
That’s a great showing for the Central Oregon scene! Good job all!
And you can view the full list of winners here.