We had a very low-key New Year’s Eve last night, due to our kids getting sick this week, but we still had a couple friends come over and enjoy drinks and a movie while we waited for midnight. The drinks were beer, of course, and mixed drinks made with a new Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker we got for Christmas.
But, this is a beer blog, so just a rundown of some of the beers we tried as we counted down until the New Year:
- Sam Adams Winter Classics mix pack; I had Boston Lager, Winter Lager, and Old Fezziwig last night, and enjoyed a Holiday Porter today.
- Pickled Santa from Ridgeway Brewing; this came in my birthday beer of the month club package that I just got, and we split a bottle among three of us.
- Raven Mad, BridgePort‘s Imperial Porter—three of us split a 22-ounce bottle that our friends Paul and Sandi brought over.
- Hibernation Ale from Great Divide.
- Brown Shugga from Lagunitas (I’m enjoying one even as I write this).
- Buffalo Bill’s Pumpkin Ale (cheap six-pack from World Market).
And of course, the night finished with champagne, too.
The list looks a bit long for a "low-key" evening, but it was spread out about 7 hours, with lots of water consumed also.
Happy New Year, everyone!